ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Guide to Gender Neutral Gifts Under $30

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It has finally become socially acceptable to start celebrating the holiday season and I couldn’t be happier. One of my personal favourite things about the holiday season is gift giving. There is something so magical about treating the people you love with a little token of appreciation. It can be so difficult to thinkof the perfect gift for each and every person on your list, while still sticking to a student budget.

To solve your gift-giving dilemma, I have created a gift guide with ideas for all you money-conscious folks looking to treat your family, friends, coworkers and significant others this holiday season. I also have decided to switch it up a bit by creating a gift guide that is completely gender neutral. Each gift in the guide is free of gender norms, ideas and associations and would act as the perfect present regardless of the receiver’s gender identification. Instead, I have categorized the gifts based on interest and within each interest have suggested three gifts ranging in price but still keeping every gift under $30!

For your Tea & Coffee Connoisseurs

Keep your friends caffeinated this holiday season with these coffee and tea combos and stylish travel mugs to match.

Best of 2018 Tea Set from Davids Tea $26.00

Photo via David’s Tea Best of 2018 Set

Starbucks Travel Mug Gift Set from Bed Bath and Beyond for $24.99

Photo via Bed, Bath and Beyond

Kate Spade New York Initial Thermal Mug from Hudson’s Bay for $15.95

Photo via Hudson’s Bay  

For your Poetry Pals

These well known collections of poetry by young poets are guaranteed to get your loved ones feeling all the emotions this holiday season.

A Beautiful Composition of Broken by r.h Sin from Indigo for 14.19    

Photo via Indigo

Depression and Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim from Indigo for $18.64   

Photo via Indigo

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur from Indigo for 20.00   

Photo via Indigo

For your Merry Musicheads  

Your loved ones will be bumping their favourite jams all year long with these technology must haves this holiday season.

Mental Beats Wireless Shower Speaker from Indigo for $14.95

Photo via Indigo

Happy Plugs EarBud from Indigo for 29.95

Photo via Indigo

PRO TIP: Create a personalized playlist for them on Spotify  for FREE to go with the earphones!!

For your Self-Care Supporters

A little relaxation is definitely a must have for the holidays. Relaxing will come easily with these amazing products!

2 Single Wick Candles from Bath and Body Works for $16.50

Photo via Bath and Body Works

Happiness Bath Bomb Set from Lush for $19.95

Photo via Lush

5 Face Masks from Bath and Body Works for $10.00

Photo via Bath and Body Works

For your Whimsical Writers

Get the creative juices flowing for your writer pals by gifting them tools they’re guaranteed to love, no matter how they choose write.

Leather Wrap Journal  from Indigo for $20.00

Photo via Indigo

Black IBed Lap Desk from Indigo for $15.00

Photo via Indigo

Desk Organizer from Walmart for $19.98

Photo via Walmart

I hope this gift guide gave you a some inspiration for your long list of loved ones. Remember the best gifts are the ones with the most meaning and thought behind them, so you don’t need to break the bank to show your loved ones that you care. So catch the sales and grab your gifts as soon as possible to avoid any last minute stress. Happy shopping!

Photo via freestocks.org

Just a highly caffeinated 22 year old still trying to figure it out
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.