Gracie Abrams and Her Debut Album “Good Riddance”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Now, who is Gracie Abrams? Best known for her songs “21” and “I Miss You, I’m Sorry,” Abrams is the sad girl bedroom pop star sensation. She was one of the openers for Olivia Rodrigo’s “Sour” tour in 2022 and is going to be joining Taylor Swift for her North American “Eras” tour. 

Her name may sound familiar, especially if you’re a big fan of Star Wars. Daughter to one of the biggest directors in the world, J.J. Abrams, Gracie Abrams has had a heavy influence and connection within the entertainment industry. If you’re like me though, you probably didn’t think much of it when hearing the singer’s last name. I know I for one got drawn in through her music, not because of her household name. 

Her rise to fame in the music industry started with the release of her debut song, “Mean It” in October 2019. She continued to release two EPs, “Minor” being released in 2020 and “This Is What It Feels Like” in 2021. Now, here we are, in 2023, anxiously waiting for the drop of her debut album, “Good Riddance.” 

Fans of Gracie Abrams are heavily anticipating the release of her debut album, knowing that it’ll be quite different from the rest of the music she has put out. After “Difficult” and “Where Do We Go Now?” were dropped, the pop recently released track 7 (“Amelie”) from the upcoming album. The album has 12 songs and is set to be out on February 24th. But that’s not the only thing that fans are absolutely ecstatic about.

Along with “Good Riddance,” Abrams will be going on a North American tour starting March 7th – playing in 18 cities! She will be playing in Toronto on March 9th! While the show did sell out quickly, you can find resale tickets on Ticketmaster. Just be aware of where you’re purchasing from! 

Gracie Abrams has definitely had a major increase in her monthly listeners on Spotify, hitting eight million not too long ago. I personally am excited to see her grow as an artist, especially after her tour and her opening for Taylor Swift! If you’re a fan of Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo and Phoebe Bridgers, then I am urging you to start listening to Miss Abrams because you will not regret it. Happy listening!

Julie Vuong

York U '26

Julie Vuong is currently a first year BSc Psychology student at York University. On her spare time, she loves to read, write, listen to music, try new foods, and do origami for fun.