Fun Holiday Crafts To Do With Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

To celebrate the holidays, why not get a group of your friends together, drink hot chocolate and get crafty? If you’re in the mood to relax and have fun with your friends then this article has you covered.

Here are five fun holiday crafts to do with your friends/family!

Create these Beautiful Snowflakes

These are not just the ordinary snowflakes you made as a child. These are 3D snowflakes that you can hang up around your house or on your tree. They’re easy to make and all you need is paper, scissors and tape. You can get creative with it and use different colored paper too!

Tutorial:

A post shared by Creative Blogger | Cori George (@heyletsmakestuff) on

Ornament Wreaths

Why not make your own wreath this year? It’s easier than you think! All you need are various ornament balls in any color/shape that you want, a wire hanger (or cardboard that you cut into a circle) and a hot glue gun.

Tutorial:

A post shared by kate cochrane (@katesnapslife) on

Make Your Own Holiday Cards

Instead of buying the generic holiday cards from the store, why not make them this year? Spending the time to create a unique card for each person will definitely make them feel special this holiday season. Why not try these DIY Christmas tree cards? They are both beautiful options for your loved ones!

Tutorial: 

A post shared by Fliss Design (@flissdesign) on

Custom Made Ornaments

Instead of having your regular ornaments decorating your tree, why not make them as unique as possible by painting your own designs on them?

Tutorial:

A post shared by JBalzer The Farmers Daughter (@jill_balzer75_farmersdaughter) on

DIY Presents

An awesome gift idea, especially when you’re on a budget, is to give your loved ones edible gifts. One idea is to get crafty and give your loved ones hot chocolate in a jar. You’ll need a mason jar, hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and depending on the flavor you want you can add candy canes, cinnamon, peanut butter cups and more!

Tutorial: 

Why not enjoy some quality time with your friends or family members and create beautiful decorations or gifts? It’s a great way to bond this holiday season! Happy holidays!

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.