This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It’s finally that time of year again: festival season! As we know festival season has turned into a huge social media buff for ourselves and others. It’s starting to become more about the outfits and the look more than just enjoying the festival but it’s OK to still want to look good! Whether you are there to take Instagram pics or actually enjoy the music, these looks will definitely leave you looking flawless, one of a kind and festival ready!

Glitter

This trend has become super popular, and even a little basic, but if you don’t wear glitter it’s like you never even went to the festival. Glitter is a universal thing. You can put it in your hair, on your body, use it as a face highlight or even use it as an eyeshadow. It’s very versatile and there are a lot of different things you can do with it! It will definitely be messy if you use loose glitter bits. You can find glitter in any craft section in department stores or dollar stores if you are trying to keep it low budget. If you’re looking for a high end, gel glitter that is more solid and less messy, try Tarte or Color Pop for a more affordable option!

Neon

This is a super popular trend right now that I really want to see more of at festivals! I think neon makeup is super cool, definitely bold and more different than just some glitter. If you’re wearing a neon outfit, or just some funky bright colors, definitely try the neon eye look to match! You will stand out at whatever festival you attend with bright neon colors. Add a pop of glitter with your neon base and you will definitely turn heads! Grab any neon or bright colored palette, like the James Charles x Morphe Palette to achieve this next level look!

Holographic

Holographic is a trend that deserves way more credit! You can do just holographic glitter or go all out with holographic makeup. Milk Makeup has tons of holographic products that are versatile and currently on sale! Urban Decay also has their versatile Holographic Disco Stick  or the Disco Queen Holographic Highlight Powder to try! If you want to do a subtle holographic touch use a holographic lip gloss for a small pop. If you want to try something really different you can get the Foamo Holographic Hair Foam from Sephora. This seems to have mixed reviews on whether it actually works, but it looks like it definitely works better for blondes. When in doubt on any product, watch some online review videos and do your research before you buy!

Stickers/ Gems

Stickers and Gems have become a really popular festival trend, and it completes any kind of look! Lots of people do the center of the forehead with the gem crown design or above their brows for an intricate look. You can buy some of these now as sets specifically for festivals at beauty stores or you can buy some packages at the dollar store and do your own thing! Stick them on with eyelash glue so they don’t fall as easily while you’re out all day sweating. This trend will make you look like a  goddess, so go hard with this one! You can find some festival sticker packs at Sephora or Etsy for some really pretty and original stuff.

Graphic Stencil

If you are great at art or advanced with your eyeliner skills, this is something totally different that will make you stand out at any festival. Turn your look from basic to stunning with a stencil design or free hand it depending on what you want to do. This goes a step up from just stickers or gems, and you can use any kind of colors or glitter with the design. Make sure you have a smudge-proof liner and set it good so you don’t accidentally wipe or sweat it off! Your festival look might go from stunning to permanently wrecked real quick. Another tip is to save this for your nighttime look when it’s cooler so your less likely to sweat it off as much!

Rainbow

You can never go wrong with sporting something rainbow at a festival. It works if you are wanting to support the LGBTQ+ community over the weekend, or want to have a fun, colorful look. Rainbow eye makeup is intricate and makes you stand out for sure. There’s even rainbow highlighters if you want a colorful glow rather than doing rainbow eyeshadow. You could try rainbow glitter roots to spice up your festival look if you don’t want to try rainbow makeup. Again you can use the James Charles x Morphe Palette to achieve this look or the NYX Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette for a more affordable option.

Hopefully some of these look ideas have inspired you for your next festival! Really, the best part of going to a festival is that you get to dress up and look however you want while you party to the awesome music. Remember to have fun with these looks and it’s all about experimenting with something new to figure out what looks good and what you like!

Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.