This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It’s that time of year again where everything in your makeup collection starts to transfer over from bright pink to deep brown and burgundy. With the season changing, now is the perfect time to make sure you have every staple item for fall! Dark red and nude brown lipsticks are making their comeback and it’s totally okay to do that dark purple smokey eyeshadow look you’ve been contemplating since June.

Maybe you are extremely into full glam makeup looks like myself. I’m ready to rock muted smokey eyes and some festive lip colors while I can. But if you are more for natural glam, there are still many simple fall looks to work with, too! Here are all of my suggestions for getting your makeup looks into the fall season.

Lips

In fall, anything from a burgundy red to a black is completely on point. Been wanting to wear a purple lipstick? Do it. There are so many fun looks to do with purples, browns, muted colors and deep reds. You can keep it natural by just wearing a deep red lipstick with your normal makeup routine.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai

$35 at Sephora

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Shine Compulsion Lipstick in Taupe Seduction

$8.96 at Walmart

Blush

Achieving the perfectly cool autumn flush can be really easy with the help of blush! Using a deeper color with red or purple tones works great. Berry colored blush is my favorite for fall. If you still want to stick to a pink blush, try to go for a peach one. An orange hint will add a little festivity to your usually pink cheeks.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush Trio in Berry Adore

$39 at Sephora

Annabelle Blush 18 in Rosewood

$8.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart

Eyeshadow

I find eye makeup to be one of the most expressive and creative parts about the process. You can do a million different things! Whether you want to go full-out cut crease or just a simple monochromatic look, there are so many beautiful fall shades and palettes to try out!

Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Mauve

$35 at Sephora

Wet n Wild Au Natural Palette in Nude Awakening

$16.99 at Walmart

Natural Glam

If you are going for something even more natural, try ChapStick to keep your lips hydrated against the dry cold air, and do one focus. Just a light coat of blush in your favorite autumn color, or a purple lip stain is perfect if you’re not about the full-on matte lipstick look. If you love a simple eye look try just applying a transition orange or nude brown all over the lid and crease, then blend to your heart’s desire!

Look Inspiration

If you want to go full on glam this fall, live your best life and use the purple glitter shadows you’ve bought but haven’t really used yet. You can’t go wrong with a bold colored lip paired with a beautiful smokey eye for a night out.

Filmed this look for you guys today video should be up tomorrow on my channel  •FOUNDATION- @lagirlcosmetics #tan •CONCEALER- @colourpopcosmetics #nofilter Concealer “40 golden” •SETTING POWDER- #wetnwildbeauty contour kit #carmeltoffee •CONTOUR- @wetnwildbeauty #creamcontourpalette SET WITH @wetnwildbeauty contour kit •BLUSH- @elfcosmetics #blushpalette “dark” •HIGHLIGHT- @makeuprevolution #shimmerbrick “rose gold” •LASHES- @gpmakeup “Gretzie” •LIPS- @kyliecosmetics #leolipkit •BROWS- @colourpopcosmetics #browpencil #banginbrunette •EYES- #Glitter @hobbylobby stackable glitter @morphebrushes @jaclynhill #jaclynhillpalette @nyxcosmetics #glitterprimer

A post shared by Sasha Mason (@iamsashafierce411) on

If you are needing some natural makeup inspiration, try keeping everything simple and focus on a deep lip or blush. A natural look is great for a school day or a fall Sunday brunch.

I hope my suggestions help you merge your makeup looks and collection into the fall season! Don’t be afraid to try a bold lip look or go out of your comfort zone to try these trends. Make this fall your best season with all of the fun of fall makeup and the confidence that comes along with it.

Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.