Style > Beauty

The Cutest Nail Polishes for The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The holidays are usually filled with events, from Christmas parties to New Year’s Eve, which means that there are plenty of opportunities to dress up. A fun part of getting all dolled up, and the holidays in general, is changing up your nail color to match the event.

Empire Shade of Mind – Essie

This metallic silver nail polish is shiny and perfect for the holidays. This shade would be perfect to wear at holiday parties as this silver will catch everyone’s eyes.

A post shared by Hanna | ?? (@hanninator) on

Photo by @hanninator​

Champagne Problems – Trust Fund Beauty

This is my all-time favorite sparkly gold nail polish. You only need one coat and it lasts forever! Plus, the polish is so shiny and foiled, your nails will look fabulous. This would definitely be the perfect polish to wear on New Year’s Eve.

Photo by Trust Fund Beauty

Diamond in the Cuff – Essie

This shade is a part of Essie’s longwearing 2-step polish collection. It’s a stunning shimmery ivory blush that’ll make your nails look like sparkling snow. It’s a great shade to wear day-to-day during the winter.

A post shared by Sarah Janovich (@sjs_nails) on

Photo by @sjs_nails

Classy Yet Sassy – Trust Fund Beauty

This polish is a beautiful dusty rose with gold undertones that looks amazing on nails. The nail polish formula from TFB is the best because it doesn’t chip for a whole week (which is amazing).

Photo by Trust Fund Beauty

Rhapsody Red – Sally Hansen Miracle Gel:

This nail polish shade is a part of Sally Hansen’s gel collection and these polishes last forever. All you need to do is apply your shade of choice, then put their miracle gel top coat on top to make the polish last longer. This particular shade is a stunning red that’s perfect for the holidays. It’s not too bright or too dark, and will look great with gold or silver rings on.

Photo by @lottesnails​

All of these colors are so pretty and will make your nails look stunning. Plus, they work perfectly with holiday events and make the perfect stocking stuffers.

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.