This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Men, creatures that are yet to be understood by the world. They say women are drama queens. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but so can men be. Actually, drama is drama, regardless of the state of the creature.

Speaking of misconception and men, why do men think catcalling is ever going to change their Facebook status from single to taken?

Really? Like, reallllly? You think we gon’ dig you for that?

Let me clear the atmosphere by saying, enjoy the single life forever.

It is really annoying when you are minding your own business, going on with your day and someone decides it’s okay to throw an unwanted comment or some sort of sounds propelled towards you.

Fact #1: It makes us feel uncomfortable, if anything.

Fact #2: It’s also called street harassment, which is a form of sexual harassment. How good would that look on your resume?

Fact#3: It’s SO unattractive.

Fact#4: It’s called catcalling, maybe you shouldn’t really apply it to humans, or even cats.

Fact #5: Stop. No.

Make the world a better place and stop making anyone feel like a piece of meat, regardless of their gender.

Full-time psychology student, part- time poet. In love with words since the age of 11. Enjoys expressing myself and talking about things that matter.
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.