Life > Experiences

From the Campus Correspondent: A Thank You Letter to HC & HCYU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

To my entire HCYU team and the Her Campus community,

These past two years of being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at York University has flown by and I couldn’t end without writing a thank-you note!

I remember when I first joined the Her Campus chapter at Wilfrid Laurier University as a writer, thanks to a friend who encouraged me to apply. It introduced me to a new community on campus of amazing women and I developed a passion for writing. I was asked to take over Her Campus at York University as I was continuing my education there after graduating from Laurier. At first I was really hesitant and didn’t think I would be able to put together a team of York University students that would want to be a part of this chapter. However, with the support of the Her Campus Nationals team and my new co-CC and P.I.C Sam, we started the launch of our new chapter. I couldn’t be more happy that I had accepted this opportunity.

Launching Her Campus at York U had its challenges that would push us to be creative and develop new ideas to support the growth of our chapter. This wouldn’t have been possible without our great Chapter Advisors and the Her Campus Chapters team. Our first year was definitely a year of learning and growing, but it went better than I expected and we were able to put together a great team to help become a Gold Level Chapter. I was so proud of all of our hard work and being awarded a Gold Level Chapter in less than a year was a huge personal accomplishment.

This past year was even better as we started to grow and reach a larger community of students. We had more incredible members join our team and our content and social media really evolved. From expanding our social media presence on different platforms to writing content covering important topics or even participating in events happening in the city and on campus like the Women’s March it was an increidble year. We were able to build a great foundation in our first year in order to thrive and have a more successful second year.

Looking back, I have no regrets and it really has been a great year for us. Thank you to my entire HCYU team for all of your hard work and dedication over the past two years. To my exec team, my writers, editors, general team members, social media team, and all our followers and supporters who have been with us from the start thank you x100! It has been a pleasure getting to know you all and watching you grow and improve your work. Thank you for always taking on the tasks, projects and challenges I threw at us. You all have exceeded my expectations in making this year one of the best years we have had at HCYU and I really can’t thank you all enough! Continue doing what you’re passionate about and support one another. I can’t wait to watch you all succeed in this upcoming year and reach new goals. Good luck to you all and to our graduating members, congratulations and I hope you’ll continue following and supporting our chapter! 

I want to send a special thank you to my friends and family who have continued to support me and my adventures with Her Campus. Thank you for always pushing me to continue doing what I love and always offering encouragment when I may have had my doubts or was feeling overwhelmed. I am so appreciative of all the love and support I received over the last few years.

Her Campus has provided me with the right tools and learnign experiences as well as it has helped me develop the skills I need to continue my career and passion in education. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus community, I have met such incredibly talented and strong women all across North America and abroad. I will definitely miss being part of such an amazing chapter but I am really excited to watch our chapter continue to grow. I am so happy I was able to bring this chapter back Her Campus at York U has been my proudest accomplishment and I can’t wait to continue watching our chapter grow under the guidance and leadership of Averie Severs and Kaitlin Fention, two passionate Her Campus at York U members who have been so devoted to ensuring the chapters success. I am thrilled to be passing the torch to them and I know they will continue to make HCYU an even greater success!

So once again thank you HCYU and Her Campus for giving me great memories and amazing opportunities that have helped me grow to who I am today! I’m off on new adventures and I hope to continue being a part of the Her Campus community in any way I can! Ta-ta for now collegiettes!

HCXO,

Alexandria Galli

PS. If you would like to get involved with Her Campus at York U email york-u@hercampus.com

Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.