Books Written By Celebrities (That You Won’t Be Able To Put Down)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It seems like almost every celebrity has a book out, and it can be hard to decipher which ones are worth your time. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of five books written by celebrities that are amazing and will not waste your time.

Just Kids by Patti Smith (2010)

Patti Smith is a famous rock and roll singer from the 70’s. She lived through many amazing and heartbreaking experiences, which she writes about in her memoir, Just Kids. This book captures love, friendship and loss in such an elegant way. If there is one book that you read from this list, I hope it’s this one.

Photo via Amazon 

So, Anyway… by John Cleese (2014)

The ever-hilarious John Cleese documents his life in his memoir, So, Anyway… Cleese discusses everything from his memories from his early childhood to how Monty Python came to be. Reading all about the comical events that happened throughout his life makes it well worth the read.

Photo via Amazon

What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey (2014)

In her book, What I Know For Sure, Oprah discusses all the life lessons that she has learned along her journey. She has amazing insight on how to handle life, love, the workplace, and heartbreak. Oprah has been through so much throughout her life and this book will inspire anyone and help them through their darkest times.

Photo via Amazon 

Yes Please by Amy Poehler (2014)

In her funny and inspiring book, Yes Please, Amy Poehler takes you through her thoughts on friendship, sex, love and learning how to come into your own as a confident, empowered woman. This book allows the reader to learn through Poehler’s experiences and to also not take life so seriously.

Photo via Crazy Running Girl 

The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish (2017)

Tiffany Haddish is an extremely funny comedian and amazing actress (go watch her interviews). This book brings to light her struggles through being an orphan and getting bullied, to now being friends with Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. She says that a positive attitude and believing in herself got her through.

Photo via Amazon 

From the inspiring to the comical, I hope you found something in this article worth checking out! What’s favourite book written by a celebrity?

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.