This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

I love makeup and I love summer, so it’s easy to say that I’m a big fan of summer makeup looks. The summer heat can sometimes make it harder for makeup to last all but I’ve compiled a list of products that will survive the hot weather. Plus, summer is the perfect time to create fresh and dewy looks. Here are some of my favorite summer makeup products.

Primer

Photo via Sephora

The Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer is very hydrating and perfect for those with dry skin. Or try the Milani Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer which brightens the face and minimizes pores.

CC Cream

Photo via Sephora

When it’s hot out I typically choose to wear a BB or CC cream since they’re not as heavy as foundation but do still have some coverage. IT Cosmetics’ Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream has SPF 50 so not only does it protect you from the sun but it also smooths texture and provides flawless coverage without being too thick.

Concealer

Photo via Sephora

The Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer is hydrating but not cakey so it’s perfect to cover up any dullness or imperfections.

Setting Powder

Photo via Milani

I find that using an illuminating setting powder like Milani’s Prep+Set+Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder in the summer is perfect to make the skin look dewy. But, for those who want more of a matte powder that won’t let oil or sweat ruin anything, try the Wet ‘n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder or Laura Mercier’s Invisible Loose Setting Powder.

Bronzer

Photo via Milani

I love using the Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce during the summer because it warms up the skin so nicely without being overly contour-y.

Highlighter

Photo via Essence

The Essence Pure Nude Highlighter is perfect for a natural and dewy highlight. It looks so pretty on the skin and doesn’t focus on any imperfections. The best part is that the price is super cheap but the product itself is amazing.

Brows

Photo via NYX

To shape your brows, use the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, which is a dupe for the ABH brow pencil. Then, use the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel to fluff and keep your brow hairs in place.

Eyeshadow

Photo via Violet Voss

I always wear a shiny eyeshadow on my lid to brighten up the eyes over the summer. It’s easy, quick and always looks pretty. One of my favorites is the Violet Voss shadow Crystal from the HG Eye Shadow Palette.

Mascara

Photo via L’Oreal

L’Oréal’s Lash Paradise doesn’t flake under the eyes no matter how hot it is and it adds volume to your lashes. It’s also the perfect dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.  

Lips

Photo via Sephora

I discovered the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm a few weeks ago and I’m obsessed! It’s like a lip balm but with just enough pigment and glow to make your lips look dewy.

Setting Spray

Photo via Milani

The Milani Make It Last Setting Spray claims to make makeup last for 24 hours and it truly works. This is my all-time favorite setting spray. The mist is perfect, gentle and sprays evenly. Plus, it has a slight scent of roses which makes the air smell nice and fresh.

I truly hope that if you decide to buy any of the products mentioned above they work just as well on you as they did on me!

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.