7 Must Watch Crime/Mystery Docu-Series on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

If you’re obsessed with crime shows, then you really need to get on this crime docu-series train! There are so many good crime and mystery docu-series that have come out over the past few years and I am obsessed!

Here are 7 must watch crime/mystery docu-series:

Evil Genius (2018)

This one will honestly have you at the edge of your seat. It’s about a bank heist, a couple of masterminds, and a pizza-bomber. Sounds confusing, I know, but there are so many twists and turns in this that you won’t be able to stop watching.

Photo via Gstatic.

Wild Wild Country (2018)

Following one of the biggest events to happen in Oregon, which seems to be largely forgotten by the public, a guru named Bhagwan Rajneesh created a commune with his followers in Antelope. Is this the perfect Utopian society, or a sex cult run by a con artist?

Photo via Wiki

The Staircase (2018)

When a woman bleeds to death in her family home, the blame falls on the husband. He claims that she fell down the stairs, but her injuries indicate otherwise. Do they get to the bottom of what really happened to Kathleen Peterson?

Photo via Wiki

The Kalief Browder Story (2017)

This heartbreaking docu-series follows Kalief Browder’s story in the criminal justice system, highlighting just how careless the system is with young men. Browder went through turmoil during his three years in one of America’s most notorious prisons — Rikers Island — for a crime he did not commit.

Photo via Gstatic

The Keepers (2017)

You will not be able to predict where this story goes. The Keepers begins with an unsolved murder, but it quickly unravels to reveal the sinister secrets that the Church tries to hide. Will they figure out who did it?

Photo via Gstatic

Shadow Of Truth (2016)

When a 13-year-0ld girl is brutally murdered in a bathroom stall at her school, the small town is left searching for answers. With so many conspiracy theories surrounding the murder, will they find the real culprit?

Photo via Amazon

Making a Murderer (2015)

Steven Avery, wrongfully accused of a heinous crime, is released from jail after 18 years. As he seeks justice for the time that he spent in jail, a woman is found dead and Avery finds himself linked to the crime. Is Avery the murderer, or is this the result of a vengeful police department?

Photo via brietbart

If you’re looking for a crime/mystery docu-series, any of these Netflix options will draw you in immediately. Questioning who’s right, and what the reality is until the end. All these docu-series are so well done, you won’t be able to stop watching.

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.