This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

This one is for everyone who struggles with their hair: I’m here to tell you you’re not alone!

Media via GIPHY

After having to care for long hair for as long as I can remember, and helping various people with different hair types from recently working in a (hair) beauty store, I decided to make a list of my top five favorite hair styling products that I HIGHLY recommend.

Media via GIPHY

The 7 Seconds Detangler by Unite

This leave-in conditioner instantly detangles all of your problems. Gotta get that boy out of your hair? Need some control back into your life? Then this detangler is a must-have! It is suitable for all hair types and colors. Not only does it restore moisture and proteins back into your hair making it stronger, but it also protects your hair from potential heat and UV damage. Plus, it leaves your hair smelling like a fresh breeze of clean air.

Uniq One All in One Treatment by Revlon

This leave-in treatment gives you 10 benefits in just one spray bottle. The benefits include the addition of moisture, shine, smoothness, frizz control, easier detangling, prevention of split ends, volume, longer-lasting hair-style, hair color protection, and heat protection from heat styling tools.

The best thing about this product is that there are four varieties of the product with different scents. The scents include original (neutral), coconut, lotus flower and green tea.

Moroccan Oil Treatment by MoroccanOil

It is very important to nourish your hair, whether it is wet or dry, straight or curly, or long or short! This antioxidant-rich argan oil infused with vitamins not only leaves your hair shiny (finisher), but also conditions (treats) and helps with manageability (styling). As a plus, they have two varieties of this treatment: original (for thick, dark hair) and light (for thin, light-colored hair). Enjoy the beautiful scent it will leave not just in your hair, but also on your hands as you distribute it onto your hair.

After Party Smoothing Cream by Bed Head

This cute looking and amazing-smelling hair cream is probably my favorite ever. It the perfect product to touch up your hairstyle at the end of the day or on the second day after waking up with bed head. It could help you in many ways as it can add definition and smoothness to your hair, as well as get rid of the frizz once and for all. As a plus, this product can also be used on damp hair!

Protect by Kenneth Bernard

Many of us forget to include a thermal protection product in our routines, although they are very important. Even when you’re applying heat to your hair, you can still show it some love with this thermal protecting product. It’s very easy to apply because it’s a spray and can also be used on dry or damp hair! It’s color safe and helps you dismiss some frizz. As a plus, it smells like vanilla heaven!

Alright, that’s all, folks! Time to treat your hair to some products!

Media via GIPHY

Full-time psychology student, part- time poet. In love with words since the age of 11. Enjoys expressing myself and talking about things that matter.
Kaitlin is a bilingual (French and English) writer originating from friendly Thunder Bay. They are in their seventh year at York University, where they study professional writing with an emphasis on journalism. They live with their partner of nine years and their cat, Tessa. They started writing with a passion and a poem that eventually won third in a contest 12 years ago, and started editing not too long after. When not at the keyboard, Kaitlin can be found reading, cooking, playing video games, or holding Tessa. Their favorite movies are scary and their favorite television genre is reality. Kaitlin's passions include copyediting, anything scary or spooky and adding to her collection of dolls, magnets and cups. Their favorite part of writing/editing is giving others a chance to share their story or achieve their dreams and offering insight on "the little things." Some of Kaitlin's favorite topics reflect on their personal life, including health/disabilities, fringe topics and social issues.