5 Lipsticks to Make You Feel ‘Spooky’ this October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

October is finally upon us and I couldn’t be happier! One of the best things about October are the dark colours that start popping up in the beauty industry. Of course, no matter what time of year, you can wear dark lipstick, but there’s something extra special about wearing a nice deep-coloured lipstick in the fall. So, here are the top five lipsticks that’ll give you the perfect festive lips for October.

Sad Girl

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sad Girl Liquid Lipstick. Available at Empire Shopping Plaza. #anastasiabeverlyhills #abhsadgirl

A post shared by Empire Shopping Plaza (@empireshoppingplaza) on

Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Liquid Lipstick in Sad Girl ($16) is the liquid lipstick to get for October. Sad Girl is a cherry coloured lipstick with glitter specks in it to create the perfect vampy lip.  

Alien

NYX’s Liquid Suede Lipstick in Alien ($10) is a black that’ll match the darkest of souls. It’s a lipstick that’ll give you witchy vibes, making Halloween an everyday event.

Evil Twin

Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in Evil Twin ($25) is a matte lipstick in a deep black cherry. This is a great fall lipstick due to its fun name and subtle, cool undertones. Just make sure to properly hydrate and moisturize your lips before applying this matte lipstick so that it doesn’t dry them out.

Velvet Merlot

Wavy hair and red lips. Feeling bold and daring #makeupaddict #velvetmerlot #milanilipstick

A post shared by Marina Kulakowski (@marinakula_90) on

Milani’s Colour Statement Lipstick in #50 Velvet Merlot ($6) is a deep blue-red that has a beautiful, yet not glossy, shine. This lipstick is perfect for those who prefer moisturizing and shiny lipsticks to a matte finish. Plus, Velvet Merlot stays true to its name and really brings that berry red colour.

Voodoo

Fall Kass is ready for you #voodoolipstick #ProllyShouldveFilledMyeyebrows

A post shared by Sauga (@duhitskassie) on

Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick in Voodoo ($22) is one of the most glamorous lipsticks. It’s a pigmented black with dazzling pink shimmers that’ll make you feel like the dark princess—or queen—you’ve always wanted to be.

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.