Style

5 Cute Ways to Accessorize During Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Although it’s getting cold, the chilly weather means you can pull out your favorite winter accessories and start wearing them. Don’t worry if you’re unsure which accessories to buy this winter. I’ve compiled a list of adorable accessories that’ll liven up your winter outfits.

Blanket Scarves

Blanket scarves are a staple accessory for the winter season. They’re cute, cozy, and will keep you nice and warm!

A post shared by Lauren Meyer | Lo Meyer Blog (@_lomeyer_) on

Pom-Pom Hats

These hats are so fun to wear and you can find them in every color of the rainbow. Pom-pom hats will not only keep you warm but will also bring a fun element to your outfits, especially when you’re all bundled up in a parka.

A post shared by Knits ‘N Knots | Janine (@knitsnknotswpg) on

Patterned Tights

A fun pair of patterned tights can easily make a winter outfit look super cute. If you’re into wearing skirts and dresses, this is the perfect purchase for wintertime.

A post shared by Soni Panda Love ? (@sonipanda) on

Earmuffs

Not into messing up your hair with a hat? No problem! You can buy a pair of adorable earmuffs to keep your ears warm from the chilly air while still looking super cute.  

A post shared by Cyree (@cyreefitness) on

Hair Scarves & Headbands

Hair scarves and headbands have become increasingly popular and it’s easy to see why. They’re easy to wear, and can add a fun pop of color or pattern to your outfits.

The best part about these accessories are that they won’t break the bank and they’ll look super cute. You can easily find them at H&M or Forever 21!

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.