This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The Bachelor franchise has had audience members hooked since its first season back in 2002. It goes without saying that the men and women on the Bachelor have had their fair share of wacky moments; here are some of the most iconic.

1. The phrase “for the right reasons” is something that you hear a lot on the show! After you watch this, you will know why. On season seven of The Bachelorette, contestant Bentley William continued to tell the cameras how uninterested he was in the bachelorette Ashley, referring to her as an “ugly duckling.” He went on to explain that he was only on The Bachelorette because of his own competitive spirit.  

Source: The Bachelorette

2. Jesse Palmer gave a rose to the wrong lady at the rose ceremony … Yikes! Palmer told Chris he “froze and forgot” Karen’s name. 3. Juan Pablo: Every Bachelor fan knows his story. There are so many cringeworthy moments in Juan Pablo’s season but this one is most notable. After she was rejected, Clare gets heated! After her rejection she told cameras what had happened on their helicopter date. Clare told Juan she was in love with him and in response “he chose to tell me something that no woman wants to hear. That he doesn’t know me and some sexual thing I don’t want to repeat. It was insulting and it was offensive.” I agree!

Source: Giphy

4. Nick Viall confronts Andi Dorfman about their overnight sweet. “If you weren’t in love with me, I’m just not sure why — like why you made love with me.” Umm talk about an awkward conversation in front of a live audience. Andi was so taken aback.

Source: Giphy 5. After a heavy night of drinking on The Bachelor in Paradise, Chad Johnson passes out by the pool. Word is he pooped his pants, Chad denied such claims, but take a look at the footage and judge for yourself.            Source: Giphy

Everyone loves some good Bachelor gossip. Enjoy some more Chad!

Source: Giphy

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.