Disney is Already Slaying 2019, but Everyone Isn’t Here for It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

One of the greatest Disney movies ever to be made is becoming a live action movie! It is…

THE LION KING!!!!!

Everyone together now:

I don’t know about you, but I, for one, am too excited! I can hardly contain myself. 2019 can’t get here fast enough!

The movie will feature an all-star cast, including Donald Glover as Simba; Beyoncé as Nala; Alfre Woodard as Sarabi; Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar; and James Earl-Jones reprising his role as Mufasa.

Other stars include Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, Eric André, and Keegan-Michael Key.

But, apparently, some Twitter users aren’t here for it. 

I don’t know why! Disney’s live action movies haven’t failed us yet!

I also love each of the celebrities set to “appear” in the movie – especially Beyoncé! (If you’ve read any of the articles I’ve written, then you should’ve assumed that I am apart of the BeyHive.)

I have the utmost trust and faith in the cast. I will be watching when this movie comes out. The very first day, front row and center!

Obviously, remakes never beat out the original, but I’m sure this one will come close! All I ask of those who aren’t excited is that you don’t ruin it for the rest of us and don’t (clap) hate (clap) on (clap) the (clap) cast (clap)!

Also, if you’re interested, Disney is coming out with a live action Aladdin and Mulan – two other movies I plan on seeing in 2019! 

I am here for it, Disney!

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!