This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

FC Cincinnati recently sent out an email that said, “Join two of Cincinnati’s sports powerhouses for the FCC3 – run or walk three miles and cheer FC Cincinnati on against Chicago Fire for three points (a win)!” I don’t know about you but I can’t wait for this epic mashup between the soccer community and the running community.

Watch the video.

What is the FCC3? FC Cincinnati Foundation (FCCF) and the Flying Pig Marathon are joining forces to host a huge watch party while FCC takes on the Chicago Fire! But before the watch party, there will be a 3-mile run/walk. This event will include food and beer vendors, a big screen display of the game, an eMLS interaction, and more!

When is the FCC3? July 13, 2019. The race starts at 7:00pm and the game starts at 8:00pm.

How do I register for this super fun event? THIS LINK!

What’s the course information? The downtown course will start and finish near the Banks where the post-race watch party will be hosted.

When is packet pickup? Friday, July 12 from 11:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-7:00pm at the Flying Pig Marathon Offices (644 Linn Street, 3rd Floor Cincinnati, OH 45203). There is free parking in the lots surrounding the building. There will also be an opportunity to pick up your packet on Freedom Way beginning at 5:30pm on race day!

What will I get for running? All registered participants will receive a shirt, drink ticket and food ticket, medal, and a fun watch party afterwards! The food is from Cincinnati favorites. There is craft beer and beverage stations, live music at halftime, giveaways from FCC and the Flying Pig Marathon, mascot appearances, and so much more. Are you convinced yet?

What’s the price? Right now the price is $35. On April 8, the price will increase to $35 and on July 1, the price will increase to $40. Register now for the lowest price!

Who is this benefiting? The FCC3 will benefit the FC Cincinnati Foundation and Flying Pig Marathon charities. Both organizations are 501(c)(3) non-profits.

What if I still have questions? THIS LINK! Or you can contact the Flying Pig at info@flyingpigmarathon.com or FCC at community@fccincinnati.com

A statement from the Executive Director of the FC Cincinnati Foundation, Kate Soloman:

“The Flying Pig Marathon is a beloved tradition in Cincinnati and we’re thrilled to be able to partner with the Flying Pig team for a signature fundraiser this year. There is a tremendous passion in our city for events that help the greater good and we know that – through their participation – race pros, casual participants and FC Cincinnati fans alike will be benefiting our greater community through their efforts. Whether you run, walk or stroll, you’ll have a great time and will be raising money for amazing causes.”

A statement from the Executive Director of the Flying Pig Marathon, Iris Simpson Bush:

“We are honored to be a partner with FC Cincinnati to raise money for charity. The Flying Pig Marathon has always made it our mission to join great causes in their fundraising efforts, and we are looking forward to having a day of fun and soccer with the FCC fans.”

Connect with FCC3 on Facebook or Instagram!

Maggie is a Sport Management major with minors in Business and Deaf Studies. She an avid netflix watcher so if you need any suggestions for a new series to watch, she's got you. Her end goal is to work for the US women's national soccer team or the Detroit Pistons!