Campus Profile: Andrew Sadler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Andrew Sadler

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio 

Year: Senior 

Majour(s)/Minor(s): Sport Management Major, Minoring in Business and Communication Studies 

What activities are you involved with at Xavier?

I am a Lead Marketing Intern in Xavier’s Athletic Department. This is my second year with the Athletic Department and I am extremely excited to be back!

Tell us about the athletic department, what are your responsibilities? 

My responsibilities include working office hours assisting the Director of Marketing for Xavier Athletics and the Assistant Director of Marketing for Xavier Athletics with administrative duties. I also work women’s soccer games in the fall, men’s and women’s basketball games in the winter, and baseball games in the spring. My duties at games include leading a team of other interns with game day operations, executing whatever giveaways and promotions we have that day. 

How is your marketing internship going? What have you learned that you believe will be helpful to your future career? 

My internship is going extremely well; I am attempting to soak in as much information as possible! One of the aspects of the internship that will be helpful in my future career is learning how to create and maintain relationships with individuals inside and outside the Athletic Department, as having everyone on the same-page is extremely important to the success of Xavier Athletics.  

What advice would you give to first-year business students? 

My advice to first-year business students would be to form a relationship with an upperclassman business student to be a mentor/person of contact. Being able to ask questions and knowing someone who has gone through a similar program is extremely helpful when navigating one’s career path. 

What is your favourite memory of your time at Xavier? 

There are too many to count! My time at Xavier has been extremely special. One that stands out in my mind is working in the Athletic Department during the Final Four run made by our basketball team during the 2016-2017 season. The regular season was full of ups and downs, but the run through the Big East Tournament and NCAA Tournament were unbelievable. The support by the student body, faculty, fans, and alumni was extraordinary to witness.  

Amber Lauzé is a senior Entrepreneurial Studies and Management double major from Auburn, Maine. When not writing for HCXU, she can found at one of her many jobs, or hunting for her cat that likes to hide in blankets.