This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

If you are a slow healer and want to sulk in your feelings a while be, that’s OK. Find a cozy blanket, gallon of ice cream, box of tissues, and listen

1. “Can’t Be Friends” by Trey Songz

Wish you never did it? Think you’d have been better not meeting him? Sad you fell so deep? Trey Songz hits all of these points and more in this R&B song.

2. “Praying” by Kesha

If he put you through hell, this is the song that speaks to you. Maybe you want this to know the pain of not knowing you.

3. “Without You” by Avicii

Avicii died April 20, 2018 at 28 years old. We’re sad that life has to go on without him. But, this song will help you reflect on life without your boyfriend.

4. Castle Street by Lewis Watson

This is a memory-jerker. If the relationship left your hearts as stone, you’ll relate to Watson’s lyrics.

5. “The Comeback” by Danny Gokey

“Just when they think there’s nothing left running on empty. Here comes the comeback. This is your time your moment.” All of Danny Gokey’s lyrics are phenomenally moving, so check out more in the Honorable Mentions section below.

6. “Good Things Come to Those Who Wait” by Nathan Sykes

You might be in your feelings now, but you’ll get through it. Nathan reminds us that we shouldn’t have to remind someone that we exist. Wait for the right one, collegiates!

Honorable Mentions:

“Rise” by Danny Gokey

“Tell Your Heart to Beat Again” by Danny Gokey

“Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato

If you’re finished with deep feelings and want to pep yourself up to move on, check out our “Break Up Pump Ups” article.

Emily Webb is a Marketing student at Xavier University. She spent two years on her high school's online student newspaper MND PawPrints. Gaining recognition amongst peers quickly, Webb spent one year as Photo Manager and one year as Managing Editor. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, golfing, bowling, and doing service. She has recieved the Presidential Volunteer Service Award twice.