Girl On Bench With Backpack
Girl On Bench With Backpack
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Bite Toothpaste Bits Review – Going Low Waste

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Toothpaste is a liquid which usually comes in a tube, but what if it’s coming in a glass jar? And what if you chewed it?

Bite Toothpaste Bits are reinventing the way we brush our teeth, by cramming only the essential ingredients to keep your teeth clean in little tablets. A little tablet that comes in a reusable glass jar. More than one billion toothpaste tubes end up in landfills every year. But Bite uses only recyclable, biodegradable or compostable items to package and ship their product. 

They have two styles: the Naturally Whitening Fresh Mint and Fresh Mint with Activated Charcoal. You can either join the subscription, receiving a large jar, or you can purchase a small, one time purchase, monthly jar. They send refills in 100% compostable pouches every four months when you subscribe.

I purchased the smaller jar to try the product out and wow, I really liked it! 

I went with the Naturally Whitening Fresh Mint bottle, which did, in fact, come in all compostable packaging and a tiny glass jar, filled with one month worth of toothpaste tablets. 

When using them, you wet your toothbrush, pop the tablet in your mouth, and chew. It’s an odd sensation, especially when you’re supposed to be brushing your teeth, but then you begin brushing the crumbles with your wet toothbrush, causing the remnants of the tablet to foam up and boom! Just like regular toothpaste!

The mint taste wasn’t especially present, but my teeth still felt clean after every use and I actually could see some whitening since I’ve started using them. I’m intrigued to see if there’s any difference when using the Fresh Mint with Activated Charcoal.

I don’t have very sensitive teeth, but the phase between the crumbled tablet and the foaming might be unpleasant for some. 

Want to learn more? Or seem them in action? Check out the video below!

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.