This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Now that we’ve been in quarantine for going on six weeks, I think I’ve possibly found what’s the best part about hardly ever leaving the house.

Binge Time!

Well, now that you can’t go out at night, what better time than to work through your watch list. Need a recommendation? I’ve got you.

Read read read

In case your eyes get tired of looking at a screen between work, homework, and bingeing, you’ve also got plenty of time to work through your reading list.

Walks. All the walks.

As much as I love staying inside, we need some Vitamin D and a chance to stretch our legs. At least my dog doesn’t get tired of walks either. Plus, provides me with some time to listen to my audiobooks.

Experiment with cooking

This is the prime time to save some money from eating out and practice your cooking skills. Try out new recipes or rediscover some old ones. Here are a few of my favorite, simple recipes.

Zoom bonding time

Now that I’m hundreds of miles away from both my best friends, I look forward to the chance to catch up with them on Zoom or Facetime. We’ve been screen-sharing movies and although it isn’t the same as watching on our Village apartment couch, it’s the next best thing.

Sure, I’ve been trapped in the house for 6 weeks now, but focusing on the positives are keeping me from going insane.

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.