This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Netflix is essentially what’s keeping me sane now that I’m confined to my house and I’m sure I’m not alone. My Netflix list is always insanely long, so now that I’ve finally got some time to work through this list, I’m ready to do it! Here are the next five tv shows on my watch list that might intrigue you:

Shameless (specifically season 9)

Shameless has been a favorite of mine for quite a few years now, but I’m sad to say (SPOILER) Fiona (Emmy Rossum) has left. However, I’m still excited to get back in the swing of things with this wacky family. Frank Gallagher, a single father of six who spends much of his free time drinking at bars instead of raising his children — led by oldest daughter Fiona. Fiona takes on much of the child-rearing responsibility due to her mother’s absence — and the siblings manage to raise themselves in spite of Frank’s lack of parenting and unusual parenting style when he does choose to act like a father. 

Jessica Jones (specifically season 3)

Jessica is a total badass with a bad attitude. She’s certainly been one of my favorite of the Marvel TV shows and I can’t wait to finish out the series. When a tragedy puts an end to her short-lived career as a superhero, Jessica Jones settles in New York City and opens her own detective agency, called Alias Investigations, which seems to be called into cases involving people who have special abilities. Suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome, Jessica wants to do good, but her primary interest isn’t in saving the world, it’s saving her apartment and getting through each day. 

Riverdale (specifically season 3)

I think we all know Riverdale is that guilty pleasure show that we know is full of crazy drama and unrealistic teenagers, but Cole Sprouse is in it, so I’m certainly going to watch it. Archie Andrews starts the school year with the world weighing on his shoulders. He’s decided he wants to pursue a future in the music business, but his recently ended clandestine relationship with the music teacher has left him without a mentor, and his friendship with Jughead Jones is in a bad place. Things look like they might be turning around when Veronica Lodge, a new girl, arrives. Despite the instant chemistry, Veronica is hesitant to risk a friendship with Betty — who has a crush on Archie — to pursue anything. Amidst all the small-town banality lurks a mystery: the recent tragic death of Jason Blossom, the twin brother of the beautiful and popular troublemaker, Cheryl.

Atypical (specifically season 3)

Oh my gosh, this show is so great and I love watching the growth of this family. Zahid is also the most amazing best friend ever. This heartfelt comedy follows Sam, a teenager on the autism spectrum, who has decided he is ready for romance. In order to start dating — and hopefully find love — Sam will need to be more independent, which also sends his mother on her own life-changing path. She and the rest of Sam’s family, including a scrappy sister and a father seeking a better understanding of his son, must adjust to change and explore what it means to be “normal.” 

Dead to Me

My mom shot through this show and with a cast like Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini, and James Marsden, it’s got to be good. Jen’s husband recently died in a hit-and-run, and the sardonic widow is determined to solve the crime. Optimistic free spirit Judy has recently suffered a tragic loss of her own. The ladies meet at a support group and, despite their polar-opposite personalities, become unlikely friends. As the women bond over bottles of wine and a shared affinity for “The Facts of Life,” Judy tries to shield Jen from a shocking secret that could destroy her life as she knows it. 

Who’s ready to crawl into bed and stream?

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.