harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Purify Those Pimples: Face Mask Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s around that time in the semester where professors are piling up the homework, you’re living in the library, extracurrliculars and community service are taking over you life, work is just work and your roomate just ate your last fudge-bar. You may have looked in the mirror and noticed blackheads, pimples and dark spots ruining what should be a poreless, bump-free, radiant canvas.  Ladies, through all of the academic, social and athletic stress we undergo daily, it’s very important to concentrate on your personal wellbeing, mental health and appearance.  So here are some of my personal favorite face mask combinations and scrubs of all time to relax and unwind with.  Dependening on the scrub, you may experience redness after a mask. Be sure to sprinkle on some oil-free mosturizer after you’re done.

• Aztec Bentonite Clay and Unflitered Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Mint Julep Masque
  • St. Ives Apricot Scrub
  • GARNIER SkinActive Pore Purifying 2-in-1 Cleanser/Mask with charcoal and kaolin clay
  • Try Activated Charcoal and non-toxic glue

The Aztec Bentonite clay can only be ordered on Amazon; however, hands down it is my favorite.  My skin feels baby new and like I’ve never sweated a day in my life. It can even be used as a hair mask.  The mask will come in a powdered form, and it is important to not mix the mask with metal utensiles.  Mix it in a plastic or ceramic bowl with a plastic utensil or your fingers so the ions in the clay stay charged. XOXO

HCXO,

Faith M. Johnson

CC for UNCC Hc!  Twenty-One year old Psychology major who enjoys writing and blogging on the side.