samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

An Open Letter to My Mom as I Start College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Mom,

I can never say thank you enough.

There are no words to describe the gratitude that I have towards you. Thank you for being a constant reminder that I am capable of doing anything to which I set my mind. Thank you for being there for me through the doctors and hospital visits that we never seemed to get enough of, and for always telling me that everything was going to be alright even when I could see the fear in your eyes.

Thank you for being my number one supporter over the years no matter what I was doing. Thank you for giving up so much so that I was able to do the things that I wanted to do. Thank you for staying up late with me countless numbers of times to help me do homework or prepare for a big presentation. Those are some of the things that pushed me to succeed and some of the reasons I am in college right now.

Most of all I have to say thank you for being my best friend  and the best mom anyone could ever ask for, for the past 18 years. I know that whenever there is a time I need to talk about something, I can always go to you.

As I start college, I want you to expect phone calls from me almost every day, whether I’m calling to tell you about a good grade, to cry about a bad grade, or to ask you how to do my laundry. You should expect me to come and visit most weekends because we all know that’s why I wouldn’t go far away.

I know that no matter what, you are always a text or phone call away and if I ever need anything, you will be there. I already miss having someone to drive me around places and make me food all the time, but I guess that’s part of growing up. Thank you for everything mom!

I love and miss you!

Love,

your Daughter

WVWC 2022 Exercise Science Major I enjoy photography and the outdoors