A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…there was a force of good, a force of evil, and several whiny white men. Then, in 2015, JJ Abrams blessed the world with Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens and everything was awesome, but everything, and I mean everything, hurt.

Walking into the theater I had so many expectations about the movie. Knowing how awesome the original trilogy is and how AWFUL the prequels are, I was terrified. (No offense to any of the extremely talented cast of the three prequel films, but that writing and the overuse of TERRIBLE CGI was just too much for me.) When the credits and music started, I was instantly slammed back into my seat and filled with all the memories of my childhood.

All I can say about this film is that is everything I could have ever asked for. Between having an extremely diverse cast full of actors I love and all the feminism, this film rocked my world. I loved every minute of it. This review is going to remain spoiler free, but I’ll just keep saying that it is easily the best movie I’ve seen at the theater in a while. Full of action, adventure, love and freedom, this film literally has it all. Young girls will now have a new hero to look up to with Rey, and young African-American boys will have Finn, a man who started on the dark side and found his way to the light.

This movie is everything every Star Wars fan could want. After passing Avatar to be the highest grossing film of all time in North America, people all around the world have decided this movie is the movie to see. So do it; it’s not too late! Go be a big nerd and love every second of this amazing space adventure.

Rating: 4.5/5