Did You Hear the Rain?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s the rainy season here at Wesleyan. That means it’s time to pull out the boots and coats, and trudge to class in the midst of a downpour. But if you have to be in the rain, you should at least listen to some rainy-day music! This week’s post is all about the king of the rainy-day sound, George Ezra.

Known for his hit, “Budapest” Ezra has become quite the star in only two years. After releasing two EPs in 2013 and his debut album, Wanted on Voyage on June 30, 2014, Ezra has been a pretty busy guy. Nominated for four BRIT awards (the UK’s Grammy), he’s taking off at a rapid speed! Ezra cites Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie as his musical influences. He has also stated that he listens to a lot of American folk and blues artists. 

Have I mentioned that he is only 22? He’s a 22-year-old guy who travels around the world writing music and singing songs. That’s the life. Born and raised in England, this Brit is definitely an artist to listen for. I watched an interview with Ezra on YouTube, where he stated that he went on an excursion across the world, and went to nearly every major city in Europe. The only city he didn’t make it to was Budapest, so he wrote “Budapest” about that.

My personal recommendation on how to really get all there is to get out of this album is to go somewhere alone, put in headphones, and play “Did You Hear the Rain?” Then, play “Barcelona.” Make sure it’s a rainy day the first time you listen to him—because it just adds to how great he really is.

Rating 5/5 

Have a listen for yourself: 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !