Selfless Care Packages, KynYouBelieveIt? Article Graphic. Made with Canva
Lani Beaudette

Selfless Care Packages, KynYouBelieveIt?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

We are no strangers to the fact that COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives and businesses across the world–– especially small businesses. We have seen businesses that have had to close their doors as they struggle to transition online. Being aware of how hard COVID-19 has struck individuals’ lives, Kyndra, a small business owner, decided to share the joy of her products through care packages. 

She announced her incredibly selfless idea through an Instagram post announcing the idea and encouraging people to fill out the form through which she sends out the care packages.

When I saw this, I knew I wanted to tell her story. I wanted to tell the story of a hero that is not a doctor or even someone on the frontlines, but a hero to every single person receiving a care package from her. I immediately reached out to her and, enthusiastically, she shared much of her story with me. 

Kyndra is 22, a MAJOR Taylor Swift fan, and a huge coffee fanatic (woo!). Her passion for self-care advocacy inspired her to open her business about five years ago. Her hand-lettering business was her stress outlet and became her escape into a zone of inspiration and creativity.

Like many of us, Kyndra went to college to try to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. The last semester before she graduated to become a teacher, she realized this was not her calling. Soon enough, she realized she loved making things and decided to turn her passion into a business. 

She mentions that “[she] is still narrowing down [her] focus every day, [but her] business is built on inspiring other women to love where they are, but to not be afraid to chase their dreams, like [she] had been for 21 years.”

She got the idea of the care packages from another business who was sending out sample care packages. Having been inspired, she decided to add her own twist and allow people to submit stories of friends and family, so she personalized the boxes based on the person receiving them. 

Note from the author: 

Thank you so much for your selfless act that touched and positively impacted so many people during these hard times. I hope the world returns the immense great energy you give out every day and wish the best of luck with your business!

Please support this amazing person:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/kynyoubelieveit

Website: www.kynyoubelieveit.com

Vanessa is a Venezuelan student at West Virginia University. She is majoring in Political Science, concentrating in International Relations, and minoring in Criminology. Outside of Her Campus, Vanessa serves as secretary for the International Student Organization, is a general member of the Student Government Organization and works as the event assistant at Brownfield’s office on campus. After graduation, Vanessa hopes to attend law school and graduate in Human Rights and International Law, and dreams of one day opening her own law-firm that specializes equal access to legal advice for all.
Rachel is a graduate student at WVU majoring in journalism with minors in Appalachian studies, history and political science. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is also a publicity intern for Arts and Entertainment and a news intern for Univerisity Relations. She is from Princeton, West Virginia and loves her state and its beautiful mountains. She is passionate about many things including dogs, musicals and the Mountaineers.