Keeping Your Friends During Your Busy Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

We all know the feeling of being under the crippling weight of stress. You feel like you’re going from one thing to the next and barely have enough time to complete the tasks you need to, let alone having being able to see your friends. If you miss your BFFs, but have way too much going on this week to hang out with them, here are five things you can do to spend time with your friends even on your busiest days.

1. Study dates

Midterms just passed, but that doesn’t mean exams and the stressful times are over. If anything, you’re even busier because you’ve spent every second of the last few weeks studying and now have a lot of reading, writing, etc. to do. Schedule a study date in the library and invite all your friends. Everyone can catch up and hang out while staying on track of their schoolwork.

2. Brainstorm project ideas over coffee

Sometimes your best ideas come from your friends. Sit down over a cup of coffee and discuss your main points of that presentation or what you will form your project about. Getting the observations of those who know a lot about your topic or nothing at all can be extremely beneficial.

3. Keep them updated

Call them, text them, email them it doesn’t matter how you reach them as long as you do. Keep them updated on your life so they know what’s going on. They’ll understand why you aren’t around because everyone is busy. If you feel like you’re missing out on their life and are being a crappy friend, order them their favorite food or send them a gift. You don’t have to spend money on your friends, but doing so every once in a while lets them know you care.

4. Run errands together

No matter how much you have going on, you still have to get groceries and do laundry. Invite your besties to join you. Running those drab errands will become a fun time with them around.

5. Join the same extracurricular activities

You get along with your friends because you have similar interests. Invite them to join the organizations and groups you are apart of, so you have even more time to spend together and can still be on schedule.

No matter how you get to spent time with your BFFs just remember you can never be too busy for them. Your friends are the ones who help you survive life and are there no matter what. They’ll still be there when your schedule opens up for your normal wine and movie nights.

Kristen completed her undergraduate degree in journalism at West Virginia University in May 2019. She is currently pursuing her master's degree in the Integrated Marketing Communications program at WVU. During undergrad, she was the managing editor of Her Campus at WVU and editor-in-chief of Mirage Magazine in the 2018-2019 year. Kristen is currently the student editor at 100 Days in Appalachia and a freelance writer for West Virginia-based publications. Previously, she has served as the communications and marketing intern for the WVU Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, a writing and editing intern for New South Media and a photographer for the Daily Athenaeum. She is an avid fan of alt-rock, photography and advocating for women's equality and the prevalence of solutions journalism. Kristen hopes to one day report on internet culture and technology. 
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.