This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Hygge, pronounced Hue-gah, is the Scandinavian concept of enjoying those simple pleasures we often overlook. For most Norwegians and Danes, Hygge is winter-related due the harsh nature of their climate. However, you can achieve Hygge in any season.

Spring

-Listen to the April showers fall, or better yet, go splash in a few puddles with some shiny rain boots.

– Pick some of your favorite flowers at the Arboretum to brighten up your dorm room.

– Open your window to smell the fresh breeze that only comes with spring.

Summer

-Nap in a hammock while the breeze rocks you.

-Lay out and bask in the warmth of the sun with lemonade and a book.

-Go camping in the mountains to escape the heat of lower elevations.

Fall

-Go on a tour of the fall leaves, and check out all the glorious colors.

-Have a picnic in Woodburn circle with your favorite plaid blanket.

-Savor your first sip of a seasonal latte from Starbucks.

Winter

Watch the first snow, and maybe catch some snowflakes on your tongue.

-Listen to a fire crackle as you cuddle your pet or read a mystery novel.

-Decorate for your favorite winter holiday, and really get into the spirit of it!

None of these may be your Hygge, or all of them may be. Go out, and find your cozy. Tell us about your adventures!

I am a sophomore at West Virginia University. I am majoring in English and History, with hopes of becoming a professor or a lawyer. On campus I am a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, the Honors College, and of course Her Campus! In my free time, I can be found cooking, reading, and playing with my guinea pigs.
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.