This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

As the snow begins to melt and the flowers begin to bloom, we are often met with the sense of new life. Spring is a really exciting time, and the change in seasons is also a good time to create new habits! WIth COVID-19 has come a new normal, and new habits can help you adapt. Here are some healthy habits to create for the spring season. 

Create a New Routine

Throughout winter, we often are stuck inside and stuck in a grueling routine of classes. The nicer weather is a great opportunity to get outside and change up your routine. Try studying outside. Move your workout outdoors. Wake up a little earlier to enjoy the sunrise. Open up the doors and windows and get some fresh air! 

Find Time to Spend with Friends

COVID-19 has seriously impacted the way we get to socialize with friends and family. The cold weather has also limited many socially distanced activities that can take place outside. Use the warmer weather as an opportunity to meet with friends in a socially distant setting! If you can’t get outside, change up the Zoom meeting routine by watching movies together or all cooking a new recipe together! 

Change Up Your Wardrobe

While winter is full of puffy coats and cute sweaters, spring is a great time to reevaluate your closet and find some new pieces. Use the change of seasons as an opportunity to create a new style and experiment with different clothing. Try new colors, patterns, fabrics, etc! Add clothes to your closet that make you happy and that you feel good wearing. Some of this year’s spring trends include pastel tones and floral patterns. 

Try New Things

Spring is a great time to break old habits and try new things. Finding a new hobby, such as writing, reading, etc. is a great way to change up your routine and find something new to love. Try some new foods! Finding a new favorite food can add some excitement to your new routine. 

This winter has definitely been challenging. COVID-19 has added an extra element to a season that already keeps us indoors. The shift into spring is an opportunity to change up old habits and find new and exciting things to try. Use the warmer weather as an opportunity to meet with friends in a socially distanced setting. Turn off your computer for a while and enjoy the outdoors. Create a new routine with new hobbies, foods, clothes, etc. Hopefully these four tips will help you to change things up going into the new season!

Cheyenne Oakes is a junior at West Virginia University, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Political Science and Women and Gender Studies.
Kasey is a senior at West Virginia University from Elkton, Maryland. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Strategic Social Media, Sport Communications and Fashion Merchandising. She loves writing, being outdoors, listening to music and going to concerts. Most importantly, she is an avid Katy Perry fan. In the future, she hopes to do PR for a sports team.