prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC WVU ’18-’19: Meet your Social Media Director, Morgan Butler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

HC: Introduce yourself! (name, major, hometown, etc)

MB: My name is Morgan Butler. I am studying strategic communications with an emphasis in public relations here at WVU. I have lived in West Virginia my whole life; I’m originally from the Wheeling, WV area.

HC: To get to know you, what is your favorite… TV show, movie, food?

MB:  My favorite tv shows are for sure One Tree Hill, Shameless and Friends. Favorite movies would probably have to be No Strings Attached and P.S. I Love You.

HC: How did you first get involved with Her Campus?

MB: With this being my first semester in the Reed College of Media, I knew I wanted to get involved in some way. Madelynn, a friend of mine who is also a member of Her Campus, told me about it and right away I knew it was something I would be interested in.

HC: Can you talk about your role as social media director, and what direction you’re taking our social “voice” in?

MB: Her Campus is all about being creative and showcasing what each member is passionate or knowledgeable about while also reporting on things that are happening on campus or in society. Social media is one of the fastest ways to spread information, so as director, I hope to use it as a way to get the word out on new events, articles, giveaways, etc., that are happening within the group. I also would like it to be another creative outlet to let people get to know our members by way of music, style, favorite quotes, etc.

HC: Talk to me a little about the Instagram highlights– what’s your favorite and why?

MB: My personal favorite would have to be Monday’s Music. We are going to begin featuring a different member’s favorite song(s) every Monday, which I am so excited about. I think you can really connect with people by sharing music. Plus, who wouldn’t love to get some ideas on new music to add to their playlist?

HC: What are your future career goals and aspirations?

MB: While I don’t have a set idea of what I want to do after school, I love working with social media and I have an interest in traveling and getting to know different parts of the world. Another passion I hold is fashion and I would love to find something which would allow me to include all of these aspects into my life. I am so excited to learn more in the Reed College and to see where it takes me.

HC: Who are some of your role models?

MB: My role models would definitely have to be my mom, as well as my sister. They have both supported me in everything I do and we have always had each others backs no matter where life has lead us. I would not be where I am without them and I hold such appreciation and love for them both.

HC: Is there anything else you want readers to know?

MB: My advice would be to get involved! Whether it be Her Campus or any other organization that may interest you, I 100 percent recommend it. It is one of the best things I have done and it is an amazing way to meet new people with similar interests. Also, always stay true to yourself and go after the things you want in life!

Maura is a senior at West Virginia University, studying honors journalism and leadership. She was the president of Her Campus at WVU from 2018-2019, interns with ESPN College GameDay and works as a marketing/communication assistant for the Reed College of Media. On campus, she has written opinion for WVU's Daily Athenaeum, served as the PR chair for WVU Society of Professional Journalists and was a reporter for WVUToday. She teaches leadership classes for the Honors College and is an active member of both the Honors Student Association and Helvetia Honorary. Maura is an avid fan of The New Yorker, (most) cities and the first half of late-night talk shows.