wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Types of Boys on Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Being the millennials we are, we practically live, breathe, and eat social media every single day. That being said, checking my social media this evening was quite the entertainment hub when I noticed certain types of boys on my Instagram and twitter accounts. So, here’s a quick list showcasing my findings.

1. The Meme King

Does this guy have any pictures of himself? Nope. Just some punny pictures and some memes. Kermit the frog everywhere not even a glimpse of what he looks like. Maybe if we scroll back enough we can find a picture he posted that’s his own. Wait, what’s that? Oh. Never mind it’s just a picture of a fish from when he went fishing with his dad. Yep that’s one I can show my mom.

2. #wcw

Wednesday again! Time to post another terrible quality Snapchat selfie of your girlfriend and caption it with the same 2-paragraph long caption that you posted a picture with last week! We get it, you’re in love and want to show her off; what girl wouldn’t love that? But could you please, write something else?

3. Playa-Playa

Kind of like the #wcw man but not the same girl every week, but a different one. Every. Single. Week. Constantly obsessed about being in a relationship, wears his heart on his sleeve. You would think after the 6th time he would understand that his choice in girls isn’t the best, but yes, sure Todd. She’s definitely the one this time.

4.The Gym Rat

ALLL the shirtless selfies. Every day, same angle, same mirror, probably same shorts; but I mean hey, nice abs, I’m not complaining. ?  *double tap*

5. The Creeper

His Instagram page is normal, a selfie here or there, maybe even a picture of a dog. But why is it that whenever you or your friends add him he slides into ALL of your DM’s. First of all, we’re all friends why would we answer you? Second of all, no.

6. The Un-photogenic

This guy is in your Monday and Wednesday Spanish class and he is SO cute and you have to show your friends, so what do you do? Pull up his Insta and Twitter pages. What do you find? The worst selfies ever. Cute boy with no cute pictures. How are your friends going to believe you now?

7. The Self-made Hustler

You know him, the guy that’s always on Snapchat and Instagram with pictures of his money sprawled out; you remember him as the kid that would cause fights in high school and never did his homework. He smokes weed like it’s his job, never really goes to work yet owns three different types of luxury cars, so you start to wonder; is he mooching off his parents or a public drug dealer? Someone let me know, I’m super confused. I’m sitting here stressing over chemistry, while this man’s doing nothing in a BMW.

8. My car is my bae

This guy is absolutely in love with his car. Only ever posts about his car. There will never be anything as important as his car. Most likely the guy who drives around your street with the annoyingly loud muffler at 2am.

9. The Fashion Blogger

Looks like an Abercrombie model. Absolutely gorgeous and dresses to impress. Usually has stunning pictures and poses as if he’s looking at his phone or watch, ya know the cute “I’m looking away but look at my jawline” pose. Instagram model in the making.

Hope you enjoyed this playful list!

HCXO.

William Paterson University Junior Harry potter fan and Public Health major
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"