Raheim Raymond: New Face in Undergraduate Admissions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Raheim Raymond

Hometown: Bloomfield, NJ

Major: Marketing

Year: Sophomore

Involvement: Student Government Association, SAPB

Fun Fact: I’m left handed!

Favorite Quote: “You can’t repeat the past, old sport.” – Jay Gatsby

HC: What made you choose to go William Paterson?

RR: I chose William Paterson because it was affordable and close to home.  I knew that as soon as I stepped on this campus, I would love everything about it.

HC: Thus far, what has been the hardest obstacle in college?

RR: The hardest obstacle in college thus far would have to be communicating with my advisor and finding internships.  I barely have time to actually sit with my advisor and talk about my schedule and my career path from here on out and see what internships I can get that are either close to school or not too far from home.

HC: You were recently hired as a Student Ambassador; how do you manage to keep up with everything you’re involved with and school work?

RR: It’s all about organization and time management, and if you have those skills you will be fine. So when I make my schedule not only for class but for my day to day life, I find and make time for club meetings, friends, and school work.

HC: Were you always involved in school?

RR: I was very much always involved in school.  Ever since high school I’ve been involved with SGA and other clubs, and I did community service every chance I got.

HC: Take us back to your freshman experience. Do you have any words of advice for incoming students?

RR:My words of advice for incoming freshmen would have to be get involved, make lots of friends, and make the best of your college experience.

HC: Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

RR: In the next five years, I see myself just graduating with my Masters degree and working for a huge retail company in New York.

HC: If you could have dinner with someone dead, fictional and alive, who would they be? Why?

RR: If I could have dinner with someone dead it would be Michael Jackson because he was such a great role model and everyone loved him for not only his music, but for being a caring person and really making a difference in people’s lives.

HC: If there was one thing that you could change about William Paterson, what would that be?

RR: There is honestly nothing that I would change about William Paterson.  It’s William Paterson for a reason.  The location, atmosphere, diverse student body, faculty, and staff make up such a great school to attend.

HC: What does being a Pioneer mean to you?

RR: Being a Pioneer to me means being a student at William Paterson University who is ready to make a difference in the world and being a leader for future pioneers, accomplishing many goals throughout your college career.

HC: When you graduate William Paterson, what impression do you want to leave behind?

RR: The impression that I want to leave behind when I graduate William Paterson would have to be that I was a hardworking student who achieved many goals as a student leader on campus throughout my college career.  I want to leave my mark so that in the future when I do decide to come back and visit, people can say “Hey!  I remember you!  You graduated from here!”

Megan Galema is a senior at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. She is a double major in Print Journalism and Public Relations. She was appointed the development manager and managing editor of Her Campus WPUNJ, where she gets to work hands on with the new members of the chapter. Megan began as a contributing writer since it first launched in March 2013. She also works for Undergraduate Admissions at WPUNJ as the special tour coordinator and writes for The Pioneer Times. Megan is also a contributing writer for an online music magazine, EDGE, that highlights local bands, charity organizations and up and coming photographers.  
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"