More Sweet Moments at William and Mary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Image from Pexels 

As I promised in my last article, I did keep track of the sweet events at WM. Joy is like writing for Her Campus WM; I must share it to enjoy it. Check out the following moments in addition to those from last week!

Bread Pudding

At Campus Kitchen, it was my first time making twenty-five servings of bread pudding. By myself, I mixed together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until fully combined in a huge mixing bowl. I poured the mixture over and massaged the bread. The result coming out of the oven was worth the heavy workload!

Snow, Yogurt, and Poem

Having yogurt, I was writing poems with a light snow falling outside. Writing poems calmed me. Yogurt satisfied my stomach. Watching the snow, I was amazed by tranquility of nature.

Birthday Month

While I was getting out an evening poetry class, I heard a beautiful a capella birthday song from the next room. W&M, my friends, someone to whom this a capella song was dedicated, and I all celebrate our birthdays in February! Happy birthday to us!

“We’ve been booed!”

During the Halloween week, I found a bag full of snacks outside the door of my room. I never knew who this Secret Halloween Santa was, but I tried to be one. I added lots of candies into the bag and sent the surprise to the next room. You are I have been booed!

Welcome High-Fives

Convocation is worth appreciating all of the time. After my class went through the Wren building with the ringing of the Wren Bell, thousands of upper class students and alums welcomed us with thunderous cheers and offered high-fives. One Tribe, One Family!

Sing an Elegy

I am a poet, so I cannot help talking about my poetry professor. While we were working on elegies—known for sorrow of loss—in one class, my professor shared an elegy dedicated to her mother. The poem tells a story of the fearless woman who was discouraged to sing in childhood but spread her love of singing to her daughters—one of whom is my professor. The professor sang the elegy, and the beautiful melody was deeply touching.

Herb Chicken

I go to Sadler for every meal of the day, and I eat chicken two meals a day. The herb chicken Sadler served for one lunch unlocked one of the best ways chicken dish could be made. The tender, juicy chicken reminded me of similar dishes at home.

Shared sweetness is double, triple, or unlimited joy. Come and take the #sweetWM challenge to record memorable experience at WM! Again, happy Chinese New Year!

Thumbnail image from Wikimedia Commons 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.