This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Image by rhodesj

As registration quickly approaches, I asked a few of my friends to tell me their favorite class at William and Mary and why they loved it!  Hopefully you might get some ideas for classes to sign up for!

World Theater History

“Because Claire Pamment is brilliant and I feel my knowledge of the world and different cultures has expanded tenfold.” -Becca Symmes ‘19

Greek Art and Archeology

“I have never seen someone so passionate about what they teach.  She made me love it as much as she did.” -Kate Dooley ‘21

Cosmology and the History of Wonder

“Gene Tracy is such a cool professor [and] the class made me feel like I could learn physics at some point in my life (even though physics terrifies me) -Sam Terry ‘20

Anything with April Poland

-Zoe Smith ‘21

Medicine In America

“Intersectional between the humanities and science, made me appreciate how science can actually help people.” -Dan Vance ‘18

8 AM Elementary Arabic

“Because it awakened my masochistic tendencies” -Zoe Connell ‘21

Quantum Mechanics

“The study of fundamental physics is interesting when you start to learn about what we do know and realize how much we don’t know, and you study the fundamental limits of knowledge itself.” -Kevin Nelson ‘18

Modern Architecture and Planning

“Professor Sibel Zandi-Sayek is the best professor ever.  The class looked at modern architecture and its importance today.” -Kelly Luo

Linear Algebra

“It taught me an entirely new way of looking at mathematics” -Ethan Brown ‘21

Civil Rights and Civil Liberties

“Though I have limited experience studying government, this class was super accessible and taught me so much about the nuances of our political climate through critically thinking about the role of the Supreme Court, its decisions and their ramifications.” -Katie Ault ‘19

Intermediate Econ

“Good teacher & intuitive material.  It’s got me set on the Econ major.” -Dylan Koury ‘21

After Charlottesville

“This class made me realize just how much I don’t know about extreme right parties, and how important it is to be knowledgeable.” Anna Boustany ‘21

Thumbnail Image from rhodesj on Flickr

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.