Currently, I am rocking fifth day hair and the same outfit that I have worn for the last three days; I am the definition of thriving.
Not really, but that is not what matters. What matters is that I am taking care of what really matters, my mental health. Although I may look like I am falling apart on the outside, I am doing well mentally, or at least working on it. My mental health journey has been a long and tedious one, and not one that can be explained quickly. All in all, what I have learned on this journey is sometimes it does not matter what you look like, or if you have it all together. Sometimes it is important to forget your cares for a moment and take a minute (or fifty) for yourself.
Here are eleven activities for when you need a little help #thriving.
1. Take a long walk. Get out in nature, tuck away your phone, and just enjoy life.
2. Go on a drive. Go with no destination in mind. Explore.
3. Head to the gym. Any anger, frustration, or stress? Take it all out on the machine.
4. Grab a cup of coffee. Grab a good book. Chill out.
5. Put on some dance music and just jam. Let it all out through dance.
6. Put on a good movie. Indulge in some chocolate. Enjoy. Laugh.
7. Do a face mask. Take a warm bubble bath or shower. Relax and pamper yourself.
8. Organize something. Clean something. De-clutter your life and your mind with thank you.
9. Write it down. Express your thoughts. Let it all flow through the pen and onto the paper.
10. Brush your hair. Lots. Rapunzel didn’t brush her hair 100 times a day for nothing.
11. Take a nap. Even LeBron James takes naps. Forget about the world for a while.