11 Thoughts You Have At The Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

I will admit, I do not go to the gym often, but there are times when I magically find the motivation to hike all the way across campus to the rec. Whether I’m failing miserably at a group class or sweating on the treadmill, here are 11 thoughts I always have when I’m at the gym.

1. Look at me, walking to the rec in my cute fitness attire. I’m athletic, I work out. This class is going to be so much fun, maybe I’ll be really good at it and become a fitness instructor myself!

Image Source

2. Wait…now that I’ve made it all the way here, I can see I’ve made a huge mistake. Why am I doing this? I am going to be so bad at this. This is going to be so embarrassing.

Image Source

3. Okay. I walked all the way here. I’m in too deep to back out now. I also need to get my money’s worth out of this fitwell pass.

Image Source

4. This music is pretty upbeat. This will be fun. I can do this!

Image Source

5. Never mind. Oh my god, I can’t do this. My body does not move this way.

Image Source

6. Hey wait, I’m getting the hang of this…and I’m two steps behind everyone else.

Image Source

7. So. Much. Sweat. This is good, right? This means I’m really accomplishing something?

Image Source

8. I can’t do this anymore. But if I give up, everyone will see. I have to keep going. 

Image Source

9. Okay, so maybe I’m enjoying this a little bit. But only a little bit. 

Image Source

10. FINALLY I am done. Wow, I am the most fit person I know. I went to the gym for an hour. 

Image Source

11. I still have to go to five more classes to make the most of this fitwell pass…oh god. 

Image Source

Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.