I will admit, I do not go to the gym often, but there are times when I magically find the motivation to hike all the way across campus to the rec. Whether I’m failing miserably at a group class or sweating on the treadmill, here are 11 thoughts I always have when I’m at the gym.
1. Look at me, walking to the rec in my cute fitness attire. I’m athletic, I work out. This class is going to be so much fun, maybe I’ll be really good at it and become a fitness instructor myself!
2. Wait…now that I’ve made it all the way here, I can see I’ve made a huge mistake. Why am I doing this? I am going to be so bad at this. This is going to be so embarrassing.
3. Okay. I walked all the way here. I’m in too deep to back out now. I also need to get my money’s worth out of this fitwell pass.
4. This music is pretty upbeat. This will be fun. I can do this!
5. Never mind. Oh my god, I can’t do this. My body does not move this way.
6. Hey wait, I’m getting the hang of this…and I’m two steps behind everyone else.
7. So. Much. Sweat. This is good, right? This means I’m really accomplishing something?
8. I can’t do this anymore. But if I give up, everyone will see. I have to keep going.
9. Okay, so maybe I’m enjoying this a little bit. But only a little bit.
10. FINALLY I am done. Wow, I am the most fit person I know. I went to the gym for an hour.
11. I still have to go to five more classes to make the most of this fitwell pass…oh god.