This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

To Someone Who Needs to Hear This,

You are more than your grades. Yes, you are worth more than acing a class and maintaining the perfect GPA.

In high school, it is instilled in us that we need to have the best grades to get into the college of our dreams — which is true — but for some of us, that mentality sticks throughout our undergrad too. However, this mentality can sometimes be toxic — so toxic that you spend an exorbitant amount of time stressing about grades that in the end, will hopefully not matter in five years.

Now, I am not saying to not care about your grades. You should always try your best in all of your classes — even that history class you absolutely hate. However, trying your hardest, unfortunately, does not always equal a 4.0. Putting in hours and hours of studying, probably with some blood, sweat and tears too, isn’t always reflected in a grade report.

Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Instead of letting this get you down, though, remind yourself of all the great things you have learned by being a good student.

While those long nights studying in the library didn’t lead to a 100 percent on the exam, you learned how to actually study and what methods do and do not work for you. You also learned how to take responsibility for your own future and put forth the effort to go after something you really want.

So whether it’s a test or your final grade, remember that grades aren’t everything, and you shouldn’t put so much pressure on yourself thinking they are! Even if outcome the doesn’t reflect all of your efforts, always be proud of yourself for giving it your all. 

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!