Your Complete Campus Spring Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The weather is warming up, the birds are chirping and campus is more active than ever. After such a cold winter, we all have a case of the Spring fever! Now is the time to start taking advantage of the awesome activities around campus in your free time. Here are some ideas you can add to your Spring bucket list:

1. Yoga at Memorial Union

Take in some fresh air and beautiful scenery during outdoor yoga on Saturday mornings at Memorial Union for $5 (plus $2 mat rental if you do not bring a mat). You can drop by any Saturday from 9-10 a.m. between March 17 and April 28. You can pre-register at the Wisconsin Union website, but drop-ins are also welcome.

2. Saturday on the Square: Farmers Market

Walk down to the Wisconsin State Capitol on Saturday mornings to find the farmers market from 6:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Indulge in some fresh fruits, veggies and freshly baked goodies!

3. Get active

Take advantage of the warm temperatures by running or biking along Lake Mendota. Head over to Lakeshore Trail, which spans all the way from Memorial Union to Picnic Point.

4. Outdoor shopping at Hilldale

What’s better than shopping? Shopping at an outdoor mall on a beautiful spring day! Hilldale, an outdoor mall located right off of University Drive, is just a short bus ride away. Appreciate the warm weather while shopping for some cute spring clothes with your girlfriends!

5. Homework at Memorial Union

Despite the spring fever that’s taking over all of us, we still need to focus on school and finish the semester strong! Take a walk down to Memorial Union, and enjoy the captivating view while catching up on some studying.

6. Water Activities at Memorial Union

The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and the temperatures are heating up quickly! Rent out a kayak, canoe or stand-up paddleboard at Memorial Union and cool off in Lake Mendota. Take a break from homework and reward yourself with some fun in Lake Mendota.

UW-Madison offers so many opportunities for fun — not only in spring but also throughout the year! Add some of these ideas to your bucket list and take advantage of all that campus has to offer. Go, Badgers!

Eva Gretz

Wisconsin

Eva is currently a Sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison pursing a degree in Biology and a certificate in Global Health, and hopes to venture into med-school in her future. Eva enjoys living a healthy lifestyle, spending time with friends and family, writing, and learning biology, of course. Some of her most favorite things in the world are pickles, clouds, and her miniature golden doodle, Nahla. To see Eva's adorable dog (and much more), follow her on Instagram (@evagretz).