Perks of Morning vs. Nighttime Workouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Hate waking up at the crack of dawn to get a workout in? Or sitting through the day dreading your workout in the evening? No need to further contemplate when the best time is because there is no right answer. Whether you like working out in the morning or at night, both have their perks.

Morning:

1. Great way to get your metabolism going. What better start to your day than a little boost to your digestive track?
  2. As your metabolism is already on the run, working out in the morning gets your day started. You’ll feel extremely energetic and be able to cross one extra thing off your to-do list.
  3. Once you’ve completed a morning workout, you’ve simply just paved the path for a healthy day. Those fruits and vegetables are calling your name!
  4. Lastly, a morning workout really does take the edge off of thinking about that dreaded workout that has to happen after your 5:15 class.

For those of you who aren’t into a pounding alarm in your ear at 6 A.M., you’ll definitely get the best out of a nighttime workout.

Night

1. First things first, you get the ability to work off whatever you ate that day. Say bye to the accidental cookie that was calling your name.
  2. And what better end to a stressful day than a great, late-night work out? It’s the perfect way to de-stress and release endorphins.
  3. For those of you who are runners, with the fickle weather these days it’s much better to rely on nighttime for better running weather. It won’t be as cold as the sunrise but not as hot as it gets mid-afternoon.
  4. Nothing sounds better than ending a long day with a good workout, a steaming hot shower, and the perfect night’s sleep after draining all of your energy.

No matter what type of person you are or how your day pans out, you can always ensure that you will get the best out of a morning or a nighttime workout!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!