Keeping Up with the Badgers: Illinois Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you didn’t make it to the game Saturday, here’s what you need to know to keep up with the Badgers!

On Saturday, October 20th, the Wisconsin Badgers hosted a Big 10 football game against the Illinois Fighting Illini at an early morning 11:00am. The first quarter started out with a hot start for the Badgers, even though snow was in the air! The Badgers scored two touchdowns, while the Fighting Illini were left with no points on the scoreboard.

During the second quarter Wisconsin scored two more touchdowns, but they allowed Illinois to score both a touchdown and field goal, moving the score to 28-10. Wisconsin safety, Evan Bondoc, was able to intercept one of three passes from Illinois quarterback, AJ Bush Jr., giving the Badgers momentum to finish the first half of the game.

After halftime, the temperature rose significantly, along with the score for Wisconsin. The Badgers kept up the touchdown streak with another two touchdowns and allowing the Fighting Illini to score one as well in the third quarter. The quarter ended with a score of 42-17 with the Badgers ahead.

The fourth quarter finished the game with another touchdown for Wisconsin and a field goal for Illinois. The game ended in a 49-20 blowout victory for Wisconsin. The win moved the Badgers to 5 wins and 1 loss, while the Fighting Illini have 3 wins and 4 loses. This moved the Badgers up to the 4th spot in the Big Ten West, following short against Purdue. You can catch the Badgers playing against Northwestern on this Saturday, October 27th at 11:00am! On Wisconsin!

Rachel Hietpas

Wisconsin '20

Rachel is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is double majoring in political science and economics, and hopes to attend law school after her bachelors degree. Her passions include reading, drinking coffee, and dog-watching!
Erin Kleber

Wisconsin '21

Erin is majoring in Political Science and Communication Arts, with a certificate in Criminal Justice. She is a proud co-president of HC Wisconsin, and has been a member since her freshman year. When she's not writing or spending time with her HC gang, you can find her reading a good book, spending time up north, or cheering on the Badger football team.