This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Are you easily influenced?

I don’t know about you, but my Instagram feed is full of influencers. Between the thousands of micro-influencers to the many macro-influencers, there are so many people sharing their daily routines, recipes, and favorite products. It can be overwhelming to have all of this information thrown at you. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite influencers so that you can follow people who are meaningful to you.

1. Cooking and Recipes

a. Rachel Mansfield (Instagram: @rachlmansfield)

Rachel Mansfield is a mom, wife, recipe developer, and brand investor. She has 2 adorable kids and one on the way. She also has a stunning new home that she loves to showcase. I love following her because she creates delicious, healthy recipes. Since I’ve been at school, I’ve been looking for ways to cook healthy dinners. I definitely use Rachel’s Instagram as inspiration when I’m looking for something to eat!

b. Meredith Hayden (Instagram/TikTok: @wishbonekitchen)

Another chef that I love following is Meredith from Wishbone Kitchen. She’s a private chef in NYC and the Hamptons. She makes delicious recipes and takes amazing photos. I look to her for inspiration with cooking, as she inspires me to get creative and take risks. I highly recommend following this account if you want to see amazing dishes.

2. Lifestyle

a. Christina (Tinx) Najjar (Instagram/TikTok: @tinx)

Tinx is a 30-something Stanford graduate who grew up in London. She’s extremely smart, funny, and stylish. She has a series where she creates personas of “rich moms” from different cities in the U.S. She advocates for comfortable, athleisure clothing, and I get so much inspiration from her. Tinx always knows which products to use, relationship advice, and how to make her followers laugh; she’s definitely one of my favorite influencers. She also has a podcast that I recommend listening to.

3. comedy

a. Claudia Oshry (Instagram: @girlwithnojob)

The iconic “girl with no job,” Claudia Oshry is a must-follow. She is hysterical. She embodies boss-girl energy, and she inspires me to go after what I want. I can’t say enough great things about her. She also has an amazing podcast called “The Toast”. It’s so funny and keeps you up to date with pop culture. Claudia is amazing, you should follow her.

4. Politics and Media

a. Sami Sage (Instagram: @sami)

Sami is one of the co-founders of Betches Media, where she is most involved in news and politics. She hosts the “Betches Sup” podcast, which talks about news and politics every morning. She’s very informative and always knows what’s going on in the world. Sami is a Cornell graduate, and her intelligence shines through her work. I recommend following her and listening to her podcast to stay updated on world events.

These are some of my favorite people to follow. They’re all genuine people who enjoy giving their followers quality content. I hope that you get as much enjoyment from them as I do!

Alexis Schoor

Wisconsin '24

Hi! My name is Alexis and I am a staff writer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison!