kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Dress for Your Winter Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Winter is no longer the season for packing on the pounds.  Working out is a great way to fight off the winter blues and looking good boosts endorphins even more (this isn’t scientifically proven, but I’m pretty sure it’s true anyway). 

Running

As the temperature continues to drop, it can be difficult to know how much you should cover up during your winter day run.  The best way to stay warm, but not too warm, is to strategically choose which parts of you are insulated and which get some breathing room.  Leggings that keep you warm and sweatshirts with built-in mittens are perfect for combatting the cold during cardio.   

Stay chic in all black to contrast against the snow or add a pop of color with your shoes or jacket for a little more fun.

[Jacket] [Leggings] [Shoes] [Headband]

Lifting

Making your way to the Serf can be a bit of a hassle once the snow starts to stick, so let your awesome outfits motivate you to show off your squat. 

Grab some bright leggings that show off your glutes and a breezy top that won’t get in the way during rows.  To combat the cold, grab a cute, neutral sweatshirt to layer for the walk home. 

[Sweatshirt] [Tank] [Sports Bra] [Leggings] [Shoes]

Yoga

Staying Zen is KEY once winter rears its ugly head and yoga is a great excuse to dress boho, comfy and sweet. 

Grab stretchy cotton sweatpants that will keep you warm during your trip to your class but will breathe while during the flow.  There’s no better excuse to break out a fun groutfit (grey outfit) than while practicing your downward dog. 

[Top] [Pants] [Sports Bra] [Mat]

Spinning

The best way to combat the cold is with some heat, and there’s no better way to warm up than with a good spinning class.  There’s no better place to break out your inner bad ass, so why not power clash with some cool prints.   The key is to pick pieces with matching color tones, and balance out the busy patterns with a plain top. 

Grab a cute hairband to keep fly-aways out of your face during your workout, and grab a cute but breathable jacket for your sweaty walk home. 

[Jacket] [Leggings] [Top] [Sports Bra] [Headband]

Working out is an awesome way to fight off the winter blues and gives ladies a great excuse to make a fashion statement at the gym. Whether you’re a cardio goddess or love your Pilates, you can look good while you sweat. 

Olivia is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with big aspirations in PR and advertising. With a love for writing, beauty and confidence, she’s making it through college one step at a time.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!