books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The Four Worst Things to Happen During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let’s face it: finals week sucks.  It’s stressful, your diet goes out the window and all you can think about is how badly you want to go home. You would think that things really can’t get much worse after realizing you have a ten-page paper due in three days and are breaking out in hives from the pressure, but it can, and will, get worse.

1. Your computer charger breaks.

It’s one thing for your computer to crash (at least you have a legitimate excuse to get an extension on a paper), but trying to keep your computer charged is an absolute hassle during this hectic time. 

2. Your crush asks you on a date.

Finally, your crush has noticed how amazing you are and wants to take you out.  Tonight.  Or tomorrow…basically anytime this week.  Too bad it’s FINALS WEEK and your soul has been crushed by the unbearable weight of essays, exams, projects and presentations, giving you no time to share an app with your new bae.  Irony is such a cruel mistress.

3.  You run out of clean underwear.

“Sure, it’s been awhile since I’ve done the laundry, but it’s been this long?  I don’t have time to sort my whites and darks right now.  What am I supposed to wear to the library?  I mean, it’s not like I need to look like Kendall Jenner, but I can’t go naked…”

Long story short, you’ll smell a little weird all week. 

4. Your roommate throws a killer pregame

Sure, your roommate is allowed to have fun once her finals are over, and it may be true that you aren’t even at the apartment during the party.  Still, FOMO is real and it’ll be hard to focus on your coding project at the library when all you can think about is how much fun your crew is having… so you end up watching every single Snapchat story to see if people really are having fun [without you].  Before you know it, it’s been an hour since the last time you looked at a textbook and you’re daydreaming about the KK’s long islands. 

While it is true that Finals Week can totally suck and overwhelming, it’s important to take a deep breath and step back during these times of stress.  When the worst of the worst happens to you, try to take it in stride.  Remember, the hard part is almost over.  You can totally do this! 

Happy studying, collegiettes!

Olivia is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with big aspirations in PR and advertising. With a love for writing, beauty and confidence, she’s making it through college one step at a time.