Food that Will Get You in the Mood for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s about time to start throwing on cozy sweaters and layering up all your outfits. Maybe you’ll even have time for apple picking, pumpkin carving— and best yet, baking. Embrace Fall with these yummy recipes:

1. Baked Oatmeal

Sure, baked oatmeal is delicious at any point of the year, but it’s especially yummy in the Fall—its cinnamon spiced flavors really shine through. Plus, it’s not too hard to make! Keep it simple, or throw in your favorite fruits and spices. Either way, baked oatmeal is the perfect make-ahead meal for your busy fall schedule. Here are some recipes to try:

2. Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin chocolate-chip muffins have been one of my longtime favorites—I look forward to it every Fall. They’re perfect to grab on the go and amazing to come home to after a long day. Adding a pad of butter and a sip of coffee will take it to the next level, too. These recipes will have you wishing that Fall is all year round:

3. Carrot Cake

Whether it comes in the form of a muffin, a loaf, a cake or a cookie, this irresistible, melt-in-your-mouth piece will leave you wanting more. Not only does it pair perfectly with any Fall occasion, it can also brighten up any seemingly impossible study session. Try these recipes:

4. Pumpkin Seeds

Clean out those pumpkin seeds from your obligatory trip to the pumpkin patch and get cookin’. Roasted pumpkin seeds make for a satisfying snack, and it will take you only about 5 minutes to make. What better way to embrace all things pumpkin this Fall? Recipes to try:

5. Apple Pie

Apple pie is without a doubt an absolute fall classic—it never fails to warm hearts and stomachs during the Fall. It can be tough to justify making a whole pie at school, though. Check out these simple and delicious variations, they will hold you over ‘till those holiday weekends:

Make sure you keep these yummy recipes in mind while you’re crossing activities off­­ your Fall bucket list—you won’t regret it.  

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!