This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We have made it to November y’all! It is, in my opinion, the best time of the year. We have Thanksgiving just around the corner, Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping and then CHRISTMAS! Even better, 2020 is coming to an end! Black Friday is already quite different from years past in which deals have already started. Because of the coronavirus, stores are trying to spread out their sale dates and hopefully avoid the packed stores on the day after Thanksgiving. This was already a trend leading up to this year in order to extend the days people splurge on “deals” and as stores decide to give employees off on Thanksgiving, but this is a new level.

Before I go into some of my favorite mainstream deals, I want to say that the coronavirus has hit us all. I know my family and I have agreed on a smaller Christmas. And as a student who lost their job in the beginning of the year, my family members know to not expect anything crazy, or even anything. This will be the holiday season of truly spending time with loved ones and being thankful for what we do have during these difficult times. Set your budgets early, plan out your gifts and avoid the impulse buys. Also, treat yourself; after everything this year, you deserve it. Lastly, shop local – your community needs it now more than ever! There are many great smaller family owned shops that might not make it to the new year while the big corporations are doing just fine. Make it a goal to at least shop at one local store this holiday season. 

Head over to Blackfriday.com for the complete scans for every store as they come out, below are my favorites!

ULTA

Current Sale from now until November 21st

There are so many great deals and gift ideas here! Buckle in girls. 

Too Faced Enchanted Set $44 (valued at $205)

Tarte Mascara Trio for half off $35

Buxom Lip Scrub and Balm $25 (valued at $36)

– Major sales on fragrances, and if you make a purchase of greater than $50, you can get a free gift of 3 candles, how cute! My eye is on the new Ariana Grande fragrance, R.E.M. 

Tarte Eyeshadow Wardrobe, 3 palettes $49 (valued at $270)

It Cosmetics Skincare kits at great markdown prices!

Benefit Holiday Sets ranging from $20 (mini) – $50 (full sized) which all include one of my top favorite mascaras! These are valued at double the price they cost if not more. 

Walmart

Deals for Days: Already started with more dropping November 11th! 

Percussion Massage Gun Special Buy for $38

JBL Flip Speaker for $50

Shark Cordless Vacuum for $139 (saving $110!)

– Record Players ranging from $30-$148, my favorite being the Crosley Bluetooth for $99

Bower Studio Ring Light Stand for $20 (almost ½ OFF!)

Target

Deals have already started with new ones each week. It looks like they only release one week at a time so I can’t give a whole list like other stores. They also seem to have daily deals. I think the easiest way if you’re a Target fan is to check the site on the reg. In my honest opinion, and I am a huge fan, these deals were not all that eye grabbing. 

Beats Studio 3 HALF OFF, now $175

Canon Ivy mini photo printer $90 (was $130)

Best Buy

Your go-to place for TV’s (if you didn’t already know from years past). Seriously though, the first nine pages of their ad are all TV deals sorted by screen size. Beware this is the largest ad I have seen yet, 144 pages. If you see something that interests you, your best bet is to check the site as some deals are available now while others are not yet.  Here are the highlights: 

Laptop sale!! They even have Apple Macbook Airs on sale with “up to $200 in savings.” That is better than our student discount so I would definitely consider buying a new laptop from Best Buy if you’re on the market for one. They also have plenty of other options and types of laptops on sale if you aren’t team Apple. 

Also related to our laptops is security protection. It’s definitely not a fun purchase but they are at killer deals on Black Friday. McAfee is now $10 instead of $40 for one year on one device. Also, if you need the Microsoft Applications this would also be the time to buy the bundle for $100 instead of $150. We’re all likely students here so it is good to know where to save money on these necessary tech items. 

Another item that a lot of students need, especially when you are moving out of the dorms…a printer. I have always tried to buy mine on Black Friday because they are usually at the lowest prices they will be all year round. Do you research beforehand if you find a printer at a good deal, but reviews say it dies within a year, pass! 

Nespresso Machines are $50-$100 off their normal prices, bringing them down to $100, which is not bad for a nespresso machine. You can also look at it as money saved in the future by avoiding trips to Starbucks or Dunkin. 

JBL Clip for $40 instead of $70.

One last key deal for Best Buy, when you spend more than $100 on Apple products, you will get a $20 Best Buy online gift card!

There are many great deals and ways to save on items you would normally have to buy this month so keep your eyes peeled! These are simply only a few of the stores that already have their ads out and more will be uploaded to the site as the month continues. Stay safe while shopping and try to do most, if not all, online and with curbside pick-up. Happy Holidays and may your wallets survive these sales. 

Laura Dirk

Wisconsin '21

Hi! I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin - Madison studying biology. I am crossing my fingers to get into vet school to continue my education and follow my dream! Follow along my rollercoaster of college with me through my articles, learn new tips and tricks, learn from my mistakes, be inspired!
Kate O’Leary

Wisconsin '23

Kate is currently a senior at the University of Wisconsin Madison majoring in Biology, Psychology and Sociology. She is the proud co-president of Her Campus Wisconsin. Kate enjoys indoor cycling, spending time with friends, cheering on the Badgers and making the absolute best crepes ever!