The Best Tailgate Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Tailgate season is here — and fleeting. Your tailgates may have gotten away with just providing beverages, but the time to keep the people coming is now, and what is the best way to do that? Food. Everyone loves food, so what should you be serving up at this week’s tailgate?

Walking Tacos

Walking tacos are great because it really is all that and a bag of chips… or should I say in a bag of chips? Cook up your best taco meat, buy some single-serve chip bags and some extra sides, such as cheese, lettuce and taco sauce. The best thing about a walking taco? You can literally walk with it, which means when the tailgate is over, you can kick your guests out knowing they can have food on the road.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Chicken wings are difficult to make, and who wants to have buffalo sauce all over their fingers? Instead, opt for buffalo chicken dip that goes great with celery, carrots or chips. Maybe, instead of walking tacos, you could have walking buffalo chicken dip!

Chili

Game days in November are cold, so warm your guests up with a hearty bowl of chili. Not only will this be a good base for all of the…. fun….. but it will keep them full and ready for the day ahead in the process as well.

Ham and Cheese Party Sliders

These yummy sandwiches and perfect. Not only can you make a ton in one batch, but they’re pretty easy to make. Cheese, ham, rolls, some condiments and spices? You’ve so got this!

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls are a favorite and perfect for a tailgate that is starting the morning. What better way to start the party and get the guests coming early than providing breakfast? While you may want to reach for the canned version, I recommend homemade. Show your tailgaters you care and are a great cook!

While all of these options are not a necessity at this week’s tailgate, try crafting a few dishes and see what your guests think. Your tailgate is sure to be a fan favorite from now on.

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.