This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

What do Badgers dream of when they take a little Badger snooze?

Do they dream of mauling Gophers, or Bucky Badger in his is Badger suit?

Napping is an essential part of college life. There is nothing better than catching a couple Z’s after you pulled an all nighter studying for that midterm, or after a really long day. Most of us can also agree that the nap you take mid-game day is the best sleep of your life. If you need an excuse or reason to take a nap, you can usually always find one. Need to put off responsibilities? Take a nap. Horrible day? Take a nap. It’s Monday? Take a nap. You deserve it, right? Naps are a good option in most situations, but where you decide to take your nap is also very important and can make or break the quality of your nap. In Madison, there are plenty of great places on campus for you to get a little badger snooze in.

The SAC (Student Activity Center)

Located in East Campus Mall, the SAC is the perfect place to hit the sack for a little bit (pun intended). There are plenty of open spaces and some pretty comfy couches to curl up on. The SAC has a great napping atmosphere for power naps with views, including the lovely Gordon’s dining hall and Sellery residence hall.

Memorial Library

If you want to take a long nap in complete silence, Memorial Library is the place to go. Even though it’s a little creepy, the study cages are a great place for a nap. Lock yourself up in there and you can guarantee yourself a long, interrupted slumber.

The Terrace

When the weather is warm, there is no better place to get some shut-eye than the terrace. Located right outside Memorial Union, it has unbeatable views of Lake Mendota. Whether you want to slump over in one of the famous colorful chairs or lay out on the dock, the terrace is the perfect place to unwind under the sun.

College Library

If you aren’t an outdoors person, but still want views of Lake Mendota, College Library is the napping location for you. With its large windows, open concept, and quiet floors, it’s perfect for both studying and, of course, taking study breaks to nap.

Bascom Hill

Want to take a nap with Abe Lincoln? If your answer is yes, then Bascom Hill is the place for you.  Along with the famous statue of Abe, you get a great overview of Madison with the capital visible in the distance. While your plan might be to sit on the hill to get some reading done, it’s really hard not to lay down and close your eyes for a few minutes (or hours).

The Unions

Union South and Memorial Union are both good spots for naps, and of course Babcock ice cream. In my personal opinion, ice cream and naps go hand in hand. After grabbing some ice cream, claim a cozy spot and doze off for a little while.

The Lofted Bed

The dorm loft is my personal favorite spot for a long, quality nap. You can crawl up there and you be set for hours of napping. The loft is warm and fairly comfy—it’s like your own personal napping cove. But fair warning, once you’re up there you’re up there, and it can be extremely difficult to wake up and crawl back down.

It’s about time we made up for all the naps we didn’t take or refused to take when we were younger. Whether you’re an indoor, outdoor, long, or short nap taker, there is a spot for everyone on campus. So nap on Badgers, Bucky approves.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!