6 Ways to Treat Your Tastebuds This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ahh Fall, you gorgeous creature. You’ve been playing hard to get for nine months and now you’ve officially arrived. While you have so many admirable qualities, the 3 things collegiate women love most about you are the signature sweater-boot combo, pumpkin spice lattes (or basically anything pumpkin related for that matter), and all the delicious fall-inspired treats. I could go on and on about all three, but I’m going to focus on the last, but most certainly not least, fall favorite—those yummy baked goods.

The second the leaves change color and I start to smell pumpkin and apples in the air, I immediately have the desire whip up something delicious. Whenever I get the urge to bake, I turn to my trusty sidekick Pinterest to point me in the direction of the most delicious (and not too complicated) recipe. After careful scouring and abundant taste testing, here are six amazing fall treats to make, courtesy of Pinterest and yours truly.  

Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes

Apple cider? Check. Maple syrup? Check. Pumpkin spice? Check again. These cupcakes hit all the major fall food groups, so they’re sure to be a hit with everyone.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

You can dip so many things in this treat—apples, vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers, a gigantic spoon…it tastes amazing with basically everything.

Hot Chocolate Cookies

As the weather turns colder, the only thing better than curling up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate is curling up in a blanket with a plate of these cookies—or both.

Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler

Step back, apple cobbler, because this pumpkin pecan version takes the cake. It’s pecan pie meets pumpkin pie meets cobbler, and the result is simply out of this world.

Skinny Pumpkin Muffins

Want the treat without the trick? These muffins give you the sweet, fall taste you’re craving while putting a healthier twist to it.

Applesauce Brownies

Calling all my lazy ladies! I completely understand the desire to have a sweet treat while also wanting to put in as little work as possible. The answer to this conundrum is this recipe for 3 ingredient, no bake brownies. I mean, how much better can it get?

Take a break from the stress of school, work, and the inevitable dropping of the temperature, and celebrate fall to the fullest by making one of these tasty treats!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!