This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Between tuition, rent and food, it can be hard to find money to treat yourself. But, it’s important that you make yourself a priority. So, here are five easy ways to save more money on the things you want and need.  

1. Student Discounts

Take advantage of stores that offer student specials with your WisCard or student email address. BooHoo, Forever 21 and TopShop all offer deals online; J. Crew, Madewell and Kate Spade offer deals in stores. Some restaurants, such as Qdoba, Chipotle, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, even offer deals for students.

2. Bar Specials

Bars in Madison offer amazing deals — going out doesn’t have to break the bank. From $4 margs at Chasers on Wednesdays and free pizza and jar night at Double U, to Power Hour at Nitty Gritty and $2.50 long islands at Kountry Night at the KK, it’s easy to find deals any night of the week if you just check out bars’ websites. There’s no need to sacrifice a good time for fear of breaking the bank.

3. Exercising

Just because the SERF closed, doesn’t mean you need to spend a lot to stay fit. The Nat offers group fitness classes for $30 a semester. It offers a variety of classes, ranging from Zumba and yoga to group strength and cycling. Dragonfly Yoga, Inner Fire Yoga and The Barre Code also offer student discount. All of these options are great for staying in shape and working towards that spring break body.

4. Consignment Stores

We all know Ragstock is great for finding a last minute Halloween costume, but it does more than just that. Consignment stores on State Street, such as Ragstock and ReThreads, offer great options for getting that ~vintage chic~ look on a budget.

5. Switch to Drug Store Brands

Sure, MAC lipsticks and Kylie lip kits look pretty, but it’s easy to find high-quality options for a fraction of the price with drugstore brands. For example, E.L.F. at Target offers quality makeup for way less than even drugstore brands like Maybelline or CoverGirl.

With these tips, you’ll be balling on a budget in no time — you’ll still be able to pay rent!